Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Tom's Space Orks: R&F month (1 of 4) (242 points)

February eh? I hates it forever. Actually, more to the point, I strongly dislike painting these bikers. Anyway....Behold!

I had to do something with their numberplates. I mean - they're right there! Sometimes I panicked and just came up with something lame. Lockdown ZOOM anyone? Anyhow. They done!

Individual pics:


















Bossman Nob and sidekick:





The banner will be added during the WILD CARD month. Also, I see now that I've neglected to paint some of the chainsword. That'll be corrected too. 

I like the flames on the mudguard of the nob bike, and I think I'll add them to the rest of the unit. I thought about adding some hazard striping on the sword, but in the interest of pushing on I left it. I might add it later...

Well...

That's my model count requirement done, and I am pleased. Although there are some More. Bikes. To. Paint. Flip. Iddy. Flip.

To relieve the hate of painting bikes, I painted these EXTRAS. 

(A low model count this month, but mostly I've just spent a lot of time staring at the bikes to paint...)

Painboy:



Grot assistant:



Squig:




This 👆 smolboi was not in my initial intro post. Here's a snap of some more EXTRAS models with January's White Dwarf as a date stamp, just in case I paint more! They're squigs from the wonderful Knightmare Miniatures, and also a fan sculpt of the facehugger squig available via ye_alchemist miniatures.



Just to wrap up:

Intro: (link)

Month One: Leader (link)

Month Two: Troop

47...Warbike

47...Warbike

47...Warbike

47...Warbike

33...Nobz Bike

18...Painboy

3...Grot

Free...Squig

Total: 242 pts

8 comments:

  1. Great stuff, really loving the vibes from these boyz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might hate the bikes but they look great! The license plates are especially a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bikes are worth it, they look fantastic! The boss is especially fantastic! And the license plates 'zoom','nob' LOL! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! Personally I love painting bikes, it's a break from painting tiny eyes on things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bikers turned out great!! Love the tiny details like the license plates & that painboy is 👌

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you peoples - giving me the nitro boost I need to put some more red on the bikes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cracking work Tom - as has been said, love the details like the flames and license plates - adds that characterful and humorous touch that Space Orks should have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. VRRROOOOOMMMM! VRRROOOOOMMMM! SKREEEEEEE! DAKKKA! DAKKKA!

    I'm sorry you don't like painting the bikes, I think they look fantastic! The license plates are great fun too :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog