Friday, March 25, 2022

Lissanne's Rainbow Warriors- Cadence and Cascade (322pts) Rank and file month #3


 Nothing says old school 40K like scratchbuilt vehicles! This month I have a Drop Pod for my vehicle, the Chrysalis, and its occupants, which are a pair of Dreadnoughts and the 2nd techmarine!  I found these Dreads I didn't know I had in my stash, and felt the urge to paint them!  I admit, I got distracted from the terminators which I intended to do this month.  What's new?
Drop pods are legit vehicles in 3rd, but worth 0 pts.  Here is the Chrysalis.  I used an old official pattern, believe it or not!




 I started getting into this duality theme, dark and light, befitting the 2nd legion.  Represented by the light and dark unicorns of love and death. I'm going to carry it through the whole army now.

The Dreads are named Cadence and Cascade, I was trying for a lighter and darker blue, but really light blue looked awful.  Cadence is the lighter, with the light horse crest.  Instead of banners on the Dreadnoughts, I tried a knight's crest, these being unicorn heads (of course).  They fit with the dark/light theme too!

Cadence




 Cascade




In 3rd, only one Dread is supposed to be in a pod, and the techmarine should really belong to the other group of Terminators I had to do, but I thought this was a nice grouping, even though each dread alone is a squad, and the techmarine belongs to neither.  March turned out to be a bit more busy than I thought, and I have promised an extravagance to the Overlord for my Wildcard month, so Rank and File these are since they can be.  They are elite troops in 3rd, so it's all good!  

...and Pink Jade





The Techmarine is named Pink Jade, to fit with the song (Cadence and Cascade, and Jade).  This is the tech that is listed to have a Proton launcher, but since that doesn't exist so they got a missile launcher.   I also wanted to try a terminator with a horse head.  My Khorne termies have dog juggernaut heads, so....  I like the way it looks and will probably give a horse head to my hero next month.

So, the points
Chrysalis- Drop pod 0 pts
Cadence  Dreadnought 75pts + multimelta 40 pts  115 total
Cascade- Dreadnought 75pts + multimelta 40 pts  115 total
Pink Jade- techmarine 42pts and servo arm 30pts and missile launcher 20 pts  92 pts total

322 pt total

I think I will be doing my Leaders next month, I've been picking at them and it's a great way to get my big buffer back while not rushing!  I need a nice big buffer.  In May should be the remaining terminators and another larger scratchbuilt vehicle, and I have BIG surprise for my Wildcard month in June.  And there are always extras! (which since I am doing a 12 squad challenge elsewhere are not really extras.)  I plan to have 10 termies and 10 more marines stuck in there somewhere.  I really have to get back to that space hulk terminator list, the original point of this challenge!

For forms sake, here is the beginning to my May vehicle, and other starting shots for this month. since I didn't post them in the opening blog. 

Dreadnought and techmarine


Drop pod


And the May Vehicle start

 I am NOT making the mistake of assembling this one before I do paintings on the sides of this one (like I did with the rhino)  
Onward to Leader Month!

8 comments:

  1. I'm still oscillating between horror and admiration for this project. I'm not sure I can take the SAN loss that 6 months of this might incur! You've definitely dialled this theme up to 11!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere in Lissane's studio space there are two headless Unicorn bodies.... just saying ;p

    More bonus points for a scratch built drop pod! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found boxes of 10 fantasy figures for 49 cents a while back and bought a bunch. The unicorns have come in very handy! And I still have a few more! I didn't keep the bodies, LOL!

      Delete
  3. Really enjoying the scheme, the crafting, and the unicorn heraldry, very cool - not to mention a King Crimson song to tie it all together, nice pull!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the owner of a demi company of pink and turquoise Space Marines I wholeheartedly approve this post. Splendid work, can't wait to see what you paint next !

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far over the top, it's halfway back up the otherside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice use of the Rainbow Warriors theme again, and I really like the iconography on the drop pod. I wholeheartedly agree and think that scratch built vehicles are something to separate the oldhammerers from the middlehammerers. The unicorns are so appropriate. If that other chapter can adorn themselves with wolf heads & pelts on everything they wear/use, this is pretty much on par.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the tiny pony dreadnoughts and came to see. Did not expect Pink Jade. that helmet kills me. With this kind of over the top design I can only say, simply outstanding.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog