Friday, April 1, 2022

Paul D's March post - My wild-card month (645 points)

The way to hell is paved with good intentions - mine was learning quite quickly over the preceeding months that I may have set myself a hard goal for the month of April, which was to be my leaders month with a planned five magicians, ten samurai and five monks, I therefore intended to bring forward the painting of the five magicians and monks to March with the planned archers thus ensuring I can give the samurai the TLC they deserve in April.


Unfortunately, at the start of March I fell ill, as did most of my family with a heavy cold which left us all with a hacking cough, which meant I fell behind with work as well as my painting - I'm therefore going to throw my joker into the ring and give you what I can from my extras and overs and what I've managed to spread a little paint over in March.


First up the monks as they're a fairly straight forward paint-job being mostly half naked and thus simple to apply a lick of paint, managed to rattle them off fairly quickly.


http://solegends.com/citc/c005orientals/index.htm


A scattering of Ashigaru.


A ninga to be hidden somewhere with the army, to be called upon when required!

A half a dozen mounted samurai to add a touch of speed to this otherwise collection of footsoldiers.



Finally, here's a progress shot of the magicians, I hoping to finish them before the end of the month, but suspect I'll be carrying them over into April.

 So here's a group shot of my offering for March.

7 comments:

  1. Impressive lot of figs! Love the mounted samurai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm happy I managed to produce a buffer, just in case something happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mounted samurai are mint! Love the banners :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work. Even if it didn't meet your expectations, I think this is a great & productive month worth of painting! Sorry to hear you & your family have been ill. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an impressive output for one month! I especially like the mounted samurai and their dragon banners. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, for a month where things haven't been 100% for you, you've knocked the ball right out the park. Great work - the magicians look like they're shaping up really well with that patterning.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog