Sunday, May 8, 2022

Stephen's Songs of the Damned - Leader and Command Group (566 points) - "Mind Riot"

I was slipping through the cracks of a stolen jewel
I was tightrope walking in two ton shoes
Now somebody is talking about a third world war
And the police said this was normal control

Candle's burning yesterday
Somebody's best friend died
And I've been caught in a mind riot

Soundgarden
"Mind Riot"
Badmotorfinger
A&M Records 1991


Pushing it to the very wire this time.  

April was even tougher than March, I had to scale back the command group from my original plan for 7 Warlocks plus Eldrad.  Not much to say other than I wish I had put more effort into these guys than I did, but my state of mind was all over the map this month.  May is looking better, at least.


Eldrad Ulthran and a small Warlock Conclave


Eldrad in detail


A look at his cloak runes


Warlock Champion Yrlla the Implacable


Warlock Champion Tamishar of Eldrion


Warlock Master Tenrith Star-Splinter


I'll be taking these to a GW event in the near future - with the units I completed last year in the same style, I'll just be able to field a weird but functional Ulthwe' army in a series of Narrative games, so that's pretty exciting.  I wonder if anyone will get what I'm going for with this project.


Eldrad Ulthran w/Staff of Ulthamar - 220 points

Warlock Champion w/Force Sword - 97 points

Warlock Champion w/Witchblade - 97 points

Warlock Master w/Singing Spear - 152 points

566 points for April 2022 (992 points painted so far)


April Playlist (some of the music from my painting sessions this month):

Pixies - "Where Is My Mind?"
Pigface - "Mind Your Own Business"
Information Society - "What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)"
Skee-Lo - "Never Crossed My Mind"
Them Crooked Vultures - "Mind Eraser, No Chaser"
Spittin' Cobras - "Criminal Mastermind"
Die Krupps - "Odyssey of the Mind"
Soundgarden - "Mind Riot"
Duran Duran - "A Diamond in the Mind"
The Prodigy - "Mindfields"

7 comments:

  1. For quick they look great! And I love the colors on the warlocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sumptuous! These would grace any GW table anywhere!

    I like the tie in with the Soundgarden Lyrics - very Eldar psyker-esque.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yellows are always so good. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, love the clean style, the freehand runes and smooth blending. How many gems this month?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a challenge to paint bright colours on top of dark colours, especially black. Smashed it - they're flipping lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog