Sunday, January 29, 2023

Mariano´s Wood Elves - Treekins

Rank and File month #I


The one on the right is just a repainted model, not to be counted for the OWAC


Here I am, back on the OWAC montly posts and back on the Wood Elves, for the third time! 

This post is quite special because I have painted two of the most iconic Warhammer miniatures, for me, of course, and one of the main reason I felt in love with the Wood elves...

Yes, I´m talking about the Marauder Treemen (Trish, we love you!)...

Legen...

...dary!!


It seems we dont need the points review this year on the OWACso the list is quite easy to do it:

5 Treekins --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 10 models


The only problem I can see on this models is just the number of models available, as they were designed as treeman.  We have only two differents models and this was bad for the idea of using them as treekins. But mostly of this issues can be solved by the use of bits, green stuff and some free time on December



Repositioning arms and adding branches on the back


I wanted to have two diferents color schemme, in case the transformation were no enough to diference both of them. I though it could be great if I did one of the color schemme similiar to the one I did years ago to my current Treeman and the other unit with a different color schemme  that could be used in a future second treeman too. I also added some sprites on some of the treekins. And all this, trying to respect what I have done till now in my army


Time to show you some pics... :

Unit one and details






Unit two and details

Remember, the treekin in the right is just a repainting work




What do you think? I hope you like them.

Next month is February, one of the hardest months in the OWAC so better start to paint asap...

See you next month!

9 comments:

  1. Great job, really like the extra branches you have added. Really breaks up the basic shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are spectacular! The addition of leaves is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolute ideal realised right there! Great work

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful Mariano, perfect accompaniment to your Elves. I'm sure Trish would be very pleased to see these :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leaves one speechless, really. Incredible work with the foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mariano - stunning doesn't even put these into words! The leaves really push all of it to a new level!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big, bold and impressive and that's just the figures. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fantastic in the truest sense of the word! I love the addition of the sprites and the extra effort with the repositioning and the extra branches has really paid off. What a great start! :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog