Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Sam's All Star Blood Bowl League - The Chaos All Stars

 And so it comes around again and I find myself faced with the start of the challenge and at best my semi-preparedness for it. The good thing this year though is I have an actual plan! I know right? Well, mostly it’s just because Blood Bowl teams are kind of self-contained, additionally though I’ve got my colour scheme plans nailed down too, hoorah!

So, 3rd Ed. Blood Bowl is an iconic era of max nostalgia for me and I absolutely love the famous teams. The vibrant feel of the kits alongside the history titbits made them come alive in my imagination. So to that end, the plan is to do a famous team each time. I’ll be sticking to the relevant colour schemes but not totally because that would be a bit boring, so a bit of a variant, an away kit or the like.

So, first up for January are the Chaos All Stars:

 












The sculpts by Gary Morley (as is the whole range) are amazing, especially the Chaos Warriors. The design and feel is just right. I kind of wish he’d done a range of metal WHFB chaos warriors in the same bold and gloriously cheesy designs, I’d be all over them.

 

I’ve also got the Star Player Lord Borak the Despoiler to make up the fourth chaos warrior in more general games, but he’ll be painted during the “Leader” month.


Finally, the offering was upgraded with the number 9 as requested by the Beneficent Overlord, and even got some grass!

Peace out

Sam

6 comments:

  1. those numbers look sweet, and the eyes are brilliant! great work all round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! It's cool how the same figures look so different in other colors. (My chaos next month) Good job on the numbers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work dude, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! Very much of the Red Period BB I remember from WD :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog