Saturday, April 29, 2023

Lissanne's X-Elves, Dark Elf April Bloodbowl team


 Introducing my Dark Elf team, the X-Elves.  
There is always one month you rush a bit on, this time I planned for it.  This is a relatively easy team to paint in order to get a head start on the rather difficult wood elf team I am working on for next month (and doing well on).  They are lovely figures, but fairly new.  However, I don't care much for the old GW team, and these are really nice sculpts.  And I had an good idea of how I wanted to paint them.  So, here are the X-Elves.

Dark elves in our D&D game have a wide variety of skin tones, and it is reflected here.  
Names were easy.

                                                   Assassins Wolverine and Cyclops

 

 
Runners Rogue and Gambit
 

                                                  Witch Elves Nightcrawler and Mystique

 

                                                      Blitzers Sunfire and Phoenix


                                                    Blitzers Banshee and Longshot

 


                                                         Line Jubilee and Havoc


                                                      Line Quicksilver and Storm


                                                   Line Dazzler and Psylocke


I use the expedient method of having different hair color for the different positions, so they are easy to see what is what when playing.  And here is a back shot.

 And for this month's old school minis, since every month should have some old school minis, I present the start of a new team, the Mighty Ducks, a Hobbit team.  Alas, I only have the 4 hobbits.  I was given these little ducks from (I think) Jason Lye, and as soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to use them on their helmets!  They think it makes them look taller.

 Someday I will find more hobbits for my Blood Bowl team, but it's a good start.  I have an ent for this team previously painted, but it doesn't count.  So just 5 on the team so far. 

And the whole month together- 16 dark elves and 4 hobbits. So 20 figs.

 As for next month's wood elf team, here is a preview.  If I don't get all 16 done, I will come very close and finish the rest in my Wild Card month,   Harlequin style is always HARD!  So I have been picking at them every month.   I have pretty much painted everything in my large Blood Bowl tackle box now, which was the point of this OWAC to me!  

7 comments:

  1. Looking good Lissanne, looking good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, congrats on such a productive month! I hope that you find more halflings (and ducks) to finish the team

    ReplyDelete
  3. X-Elves! Clever idea, and they look fab. Hope we get more of the Mighty Ducks in future, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this month is about the X-Elves, but daaaaang look at those Ducks! Nice job, and that preview wood elf is 👌

    ReplyDelete
  5. The X-Elves are a lot of fun, just as BB should be :)

    Also, QUAAAACK! Go Ducks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice crossover with the X-elves & colors! That wood elf/harlequin preview looks awesome. And difficult -- good luck.

    I think the halflings came from me. You were running the Bloodbowl games at the Oldhammer USA event 6-7 years ago (in Virginia?) and I had been hanging on to them for decades. I figured you'd put them to better use.

    We used to have a BIG local Bloodbowl group in the early 90s based out of a store I worked at for a few years. But all good things come to an end and I don't know anyone playing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I think the hobbits came from you, I do remember that event! The tiny ducks on the helmet were from Jason tho. And thank you, my friends and I do play BB still!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog