Sunday, December 24, 2023

Mariano Sánchez - Wood elves - Introduction

In the depths of the forest, where no man ever ever stepped in, was the Spring of Lawën. Only the oldest elves knew the legend that accompanied the place...
“When the great forest does not wake again with the rays of dawn, when spring does not bloom anymore at the King’s Glade, when the end comes to Athel Loren… The halls of the spring will be reopened, and the elven people of ancient times will dance to melodies of hunting".


Hi, my name is Mariano and from the first day I started to play Warhammer one of my dreams has been to have a fully painted Wood Elves army, and the dream is close to be achieved...

Going to need a bigger table!

The text on the head was the start of all my participations on the OWAC. A new OWAC means for me another bunch on Wood elves in order to achieve my goal, to paint all wood elves in the Citadel Red Catalogue and Marauder. And this is going to be the last Wood Elves OWAC!!!

All started the 11 of May of 2017. I decided to participate in a challenge with some friends. I even had to do a list of AoS to be on it!!  

http://volomir.com/en/tale-12-warlords-checkpoint-6-order-alliance-updates/

At that point I had no idea about "my decision" but I´m pretty much sure it was somewhere in my mind. I finish my painting list 6 months later and I was so happy with the result.

I continued painting some unis and characters, but with no goal the hype was decreasing... 

Sometime later, on the 21 of December of 2020, after many posts of many painters (envy was really high) I wrote my first OWAC post. And the little seed that was on my mind bloomed (Wood elves joke) with the idea of painting all Wood Elves models in the Citadel Red Catalogue and Marauder Catalogue

https://oldworldarmychallenge.blogspot.com/2020/12/marianos-intro-post-halls-of-spring.html

6 months later, I had some characters and 5 infantry units. I was so happy with the result.

https://oldworldarmychallenge.blogspot.com/2021/08/mariano-sanchez-make-forest-great-again.html

On December 21, 2021, I was fully focused on finishing my mission.. For this OWAC I presented a fully cavalry army. Not the best idea, for sure, but I would have to paint them soon or later so...

https://oldworldarmychallenge.blogspot.com/2021/12/mariano-sanchez-wood-elves-introduction.html

And after so much pain (don´t want to paint a cavalry model ever but still have some of them to paint) at the end of the 6 months I added 6 cavalry units and three mounted characters, including my general on great stag, great horned horse for me.


On December 22, 2022, The path was clear in front of me. I had some cool units to work on it and a big dragon!!

https://oldworldarmychallenge.blogspot.com/2022/12/mariano-sanchez-wood-elves-introduction.html

6 months later I was very very satisfied with the result. I even have time to add some scenery and a couple of units that wasn´t on the list

https://oldworldarmychallenge.blogspot.com/2023/07/mariano-sanchez-make-forest-even-more.html

Yes, I did pics of the army before I realized I have time to paint some scenery

What is the plan for this OWAC?? Easy, finish to paint all the wood elves remain. I´m going to add to the army some stuff I couldn´t paint on previous OWACs, a baggage train (thanks to the OWAC rules!), some falconers,  Ariel and Orion...

Last batch of "gray" elves!!!

The list, following Third edition rules and Armies book is:

Silvan King mounted - 217
Sylvan Chieftain mounted - 182
Wood Lord mounted - 143
Wood Lord mounted - 142
Sylphseer mounted - 210
Sylphseer mounted - 210
Wood Fey - 78
Wood Fey - 78


10 Glade runners (music and standard bearer) - 192
10 Warrior Kinbands (music and standard bearer) - 156
10 Wardancers (music and standard bearer) - 230
6 Falconers - 78
4 Warrior kinbands - 52 
Treeman - 238

Orion - No points
Ariel - No points
Bear filler - No points
Baggage train - No points

Total points: 2206 aprox.

Yes, I have more points on Characters than on units (Illegal list!!!). I little bit concession...


My present for Adrián!!!!! (quick topic change):

Hope you like it, Adrian!!!!!!

Hope you like it, Adrian!!!!!!


Before I finish my post, I´m still looking for ONE reference to finish my "personal" nightmare. According to https://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Elf_Mage_Variants what I´m searching for is the  hooded version of the "Wood Elf Sorceress Type 1". If anyone is interested in selling or exchanging it, I´m your man. If someone find it on the net, please, contact me!!

One way, or another, I´m going to catch you....


Can´t wait to start painting!!!!!!!











10 comments:

  1. Good luck! I can't believe this is your last batch of Wood Elves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Wood Elves are always one of the stars of the show for me, can't wait to see them come together again. Would love to face off against you with my skaven, would be an awesome sight to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the whole army together! Your work is stunning and it will be such a great achievement once you're done with all your army!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As talked some weeks back, your wood elves are the best on the net nowadays, although you play a bit too much with actual bits to my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be a pleasure to follow your army grow yet again. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, i cannot help you with this missing model... have you considered a conversion using a wizard with similar pose?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I casually bid on ebay on that model during the summer without realising it was rare or important, just nicer than the usual variant. If only I'd known!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always nice to see more of your work. I hope you ll find your last miniature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inspirational and intimidating in equal measure!

    I'll shout if I see the missing mage variant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One last push, for the greatest host assembled! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog