Sunday, December 31, 2023

Pokrzyw's Druchii - OWAC VII introduction





"In the far north lies the realm of the Witch King of Nagaroth. The bleak and frozen Land of Chill. Here are the cities of the Dark Elves, battlements of black stone and high towers rising like cruel spears into the pale sky. The Witch King rules over all the cold mountains and dark forests with an unbending will of iron. Dark Lords and their mighty armies are his to command. Sorcerers hasten to his call. Pale and beautiful Witch Elves dance their deadly rites before his throne as they keen the battle songs of their bloody master."



Hello everyone. Two years ago I've prepared 4th edition  High Elves army - painted in bright vibrant colours. Full of joy and happiness. This year I will prepare their dark brothers from far north - druchii. Picture from Battle Book (5ed) and cover from DE army book is the best that we may found in fantasy - girls, dinosaurs and lasers lightnings - whatever is important for teenager (I had 15 years old when I saw it). Let's realise that dream - Let's release lust,  and bring pain, malice and blood to the enemies!


I've prepared quite big army - over 100 miniatures (still waiting for some occassion ;) ), and I similar to OWAC V I plan to split it on primary and secondary objectives for each month. If there will be occassion to paint them all - it would be great. If only primary will be painted, it would be solid base for dark elves army.

List of miniatures:

  • sorceress on cold one 
  • general on cold one
  • sorcerer on foot
  • morathi on foot
  • malekith on chariot (gamezone miniatures dark elf chariot conversion).
  • 5 cold one knights
  • 12 dark riders
  • 22 witches
  • couldron of blood
  • 25 spearmens
  • 22 xbowmans
  • 10 swordmans
  • 2 assassins
  • hydra
  • 3+ repeater bolt thrower


It shall be about 3600pts (without magic items). I create army list during challenge.

The Plan:
Rank & File 1 (Witches!!)

primary:

  • 12 witch elves with banner (156)
  • couldron of blood (125)


secondary:

  • 10 witch elves (120)
  • sorcerer (59)



Rank & File 2 (City guards)

primary:

  • 10 city guards ( 5 spears +5 xbows) (130)
  • 10 city guards ( 5 spears +5 xbows) (130)


secondary:

  • 11 xbowmans fcg (169) + champion (53)
  • 14 spearmans (399) + champion (52)



Rank & File 3 (Heavy cavalry)

primary:

  • 4 cold one knights fcg (228) + champion (74)
  • general on cold one (lance, xbow, shield, h.armour) (179)


secondary:

  • sorceress on cold one (xbow) (72) - would be stripped..
  • 9 dark elf warriors fcg (shields) (121) + champion (52)



Rank & File 4 (artillery & scouts)

primary:

  • 3 repeater bolt throwers (300)
  • 5 dark riders fcg(231) + champion (57)


secondary:

  • 6 dark riders (198)



Monster

primary:

  • warhydra (225)


secondary:

  • morathi on foot (327)

Wild Card

primary:

  • Malekith on chariot (or dragon) or 6ed manticore.. (440)


secondary:

  • whatever remains

I have already small army for 6 edition. I will keep blue with dark iron scheme.




It would be really hard to paint it all, but the hope dies last in the land of chill..


6 comments:

  1. Interesting mixture of models - probably my favourite version of the Witch Elves, plus those funny upright Cold Ones which didn't seem to stay in fashion for long (I had Skinks riding those in my Lizardman army). That classic manticore, and is that an Ultraforge dragon? Very nice.

    I used to fight my friend's Dark Elf army all the time, this project will give me flashbacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I also was mainly on opposite side of this force and in 5th edition these witch elves makes my blood boil ;)

      Ultraforge - I bought this dragon with whole DE army few years ago and I tried to find manufacturer. Now I know :) Unfortunately not longer available.

      Delete
  2. A huge project, hope you met most of the secondary objectives to see such a great army completed. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massive! I hope you get to paint up that sorceress on cold one - good luck with it all 🔥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I really enjoyed your High Elf army from a couple of years ago so I am looking forward to this. I like the blue and dark iron colour scheme :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog