Saturday, May 11, 2024

AdamH’s Skaven month four - The horde grows

Another chonky one this month from me, rank and file month three; the other big unit in this year’s challenge; Clan Rats!

If you have seen either of my previous Skaven Challenge entries then you will have seen me paint these toxic yellow mainstays before. Not much has changed here other than the addition of an extra Rat Ogre (that forms a unit filler), and some extra command models:



As mentioned above I painted an addition Rat Ogre, I now have one of these old sculpts in each of my Clan Rat units. I don’t think they are quite as nice models as the later 90’s Rat Ogre Sculpts and a bit too small for their profile. However I do like them so I think they fit in perfectly as a big mutated Clan Rat!



I also wanted the ability to run multiple small units of Clan Rats so painted an additional command, this means I can now run four units of 25, perfect for that weapon team spam!





Month three stats:


Models painted: 30

Total points: 198

Secret Japanese words hidden in the unit: one


May is a reduced month for me, I have a trip that cuts a week out of my painting time so I am going to focus on getting as many of my Leader models done as possible. I have been working on a little bonus model in the back ground recently though, hopefully I can finish it and get that painted next month too!


5 comments:

  1. I'm still in ove with that yellow, and the banners are glorious. Especially the triangle checkerboard effect, or whatever we should call that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I join the banner fan club from the previous comment. Spot on for a horde of rats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great, and I think the inclusion of the old style Rat Ogres as unit filler adds real character and sense of danger to the look of the clan rat units. The banners look brilliant - full of texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CongRats on another massive unit! I really like the green that you've used for the gem/warpstone

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog