Thursday, May 9, 2024

Adrian's Rank and File month 4 - Fear the Emerald Sword (304 points)

 

The lethality of every elf warrior is legendary, but there are even deadlier and fearsome warriors among their ranks.

The princess Lottyerhe security is assured by the relentless swordmasters of the family. The Dawnbringers ranks are filled with poets, scholars and wise advisors that have studied long years in Hoeth. But it is not the only knowledge adquired in the White Tower.

The study is intermingled with countless hours of hard training in the arts of the sword. Armed with the best swords, the reknowned emerald swords forged by the best smiths and magicians from Tiranoc and Nagarythe, the regiment proudly stands, visible for all their enemies in the battlefields.



This April I changed my mind a little bit and tried something else for my swordmasters. Instead of the dark blue metals I used in the test miniature and other units, I opted for a darkest metal contrasted by a bright, color-shifting emerald.

The swords and some of the armours are painted in Vallejo color shifting Emerald. Sadly it is not visible in a photograph and I had no time to make a gif, as in hand it shifts from silver to emerald green.
I boosted the emerald swords glazing it with Scale 75 inktense green.
Also, the magic sword of the champion is even more magical thanks to GSW fluor green in the runes.
The recipe is simple but I am training my light source effects as it is not as simple to glaze the white before the OSL and fluor paints, as it leaves stains sometimes if you're not careful enough.


Did I say that I have recently watched Excalibur? None would notice. I couldn't resist to be completely carried away with the emerald greens as I was listening to Rhapsody of Fire Emerald Sword saga half way through.

For the other colours I chose the usual greens, whites and deep pinks. I had few spare time for the cloth motifs so this time I went only for the japanese patterns on the helmets.


 

As always, I would have love to change several small details and work a little bit more those swords. But it is a matter of how much you can accomplish in the given time and I am happy with the results. Also, I could expand up to five more swordmasters, so it is a playable unit as it is now, that's another point.
 
That's a total of

15x High elf swordmasters with Champion and full command - 110 points

Next month, the wild card? Or should I paint the dragon at last? we will see, I have some surprises for the wild card that I'm hoping to paint.



 
Until then,

Adrian's out.

3 comments:

  1. That's a really striking banner and the unit is beautifully painted and photographed

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance i thought that this is Aekold Helbrass retinue - I feel tzeentchian wibe.

    But finally colours and painting are magnificient and it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these will really stand out from the crowd, what a stunning unit.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog