Monday, June 3, 2024

Mariano Sánchez - Wood Elves - The circus is comin´ to town

 Rank & file month #IV




Hi,

This is a special post for me. As some of you know, some years ago, I decided to paint all Wood elves from the Marauder catalogue and the Citadel "Red" catalogue ´91. Well, now it is done! And I want to thank all colleagues from the OWAC, without the challenge I´m pretty much sure  I wouldn´t have achieved the goal.

On my army you can find, at least, one of each of the models on the catalogues, but some models have been painted many many times. 


What have I painted this month...?

A new unit of 10 wardancers, the third one, a bear to use as a filler, a Silvan King mounted (a miniature I have tryed to paint several times with no success, I hate it), and a baggage train taht I really enjoy both converting and painting.


Current situation of the painting list:


  • Silvan King mounted - 217
  • Sylvan Chieftain mounted - 182
  • Wood Lord mounted - 143
  • Wood Lord mounted - 142
  • Sylphseer mounted - 210
  • Sylphseer mounted - 210
  • Wood Fey - 78
  • Wood Fey - 78

  • 10 Glade runners (music and standard bearer) - 192
  • 10 Warrior Kinbands (music and standard bearer) - 156
  • 10 Wardancers (music and standard bearer) - 230
  • 6 Falconers - 78
  • 4 Warrior kinbands - 52 
  • Treeman - 238

  • Bear filler - No points
  • Baggage train - No points


Time to show you some pics:


Wardancers





So many Wardancers!!!



Silvan King mounted and Bear filler






Baggage train








Hope you like them.


For the last month I have 3 cool models to paint, Ariel, Orion  and an Ancient Treeman, so I think I´m going to enjoy July painting work...


15 comments:

  1. Simply sumptuous Mariano! The Baggage-Wain is fantastic, as is the Silvan King, and the NMM is stunning throughout!

    A special nod also to the texture and detail on the clothing of the Wardancers. What a beautiful unit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing your quest to paint all those sculpts! It's not an easy task just to collect them and a truly impressive one to paint them as you do on top of that. + I love your baggage train

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!

    But you can't just post a picture of that fancy cart without further explanation. I see the wheels off the Attack Chariot, Citadel Elf horses and the head off an old Dragon (Dragonmaster or Serpentine, I guess?). And many of the weapons etc are familar. Is the rest your own work, or pinched from other models I don't recognise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. All of them are pieces from Wood elves/High elves except for the barrel and box with fruits Thais comes from Mantic.

      Delete
  4. This is all rather good, but the baggage chariot is a particular highlight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mind-blowing as always! That baggage train is just unreal.

    Congratulations on completing your long quest. What a mighty achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible achievement. There are so few people who can set a multi-year hobby goal and then methodically set out and achieve it - to such a high standard too! Congratulations!! It has to feel amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Many times I had the feeling of losing my mind painting elf by elf....

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Search This Blog