Thursday, November 30, 2017

Lovejoy throws a Mulligan

As many of you are doubtless aware, in the 6th series of Lovejoy there was an episode entitled "Fruit of the Desert" in which out titular hero bought some antiques from a retired diplomat, only to discover that the antiques were in fact stolen.


Lovejoy, as I'm sure you recall, had borrowed the money to acquire them from a dangerous loan shark using his daughters flat as collateral, and therefore had to find a way out of the debt. There was also some difficulty arising from his trademark philandering too if I recall correctly, the filthy swine.


Now. This is not too dissimilar from my own situation this month, apart from all the antiques and money and women troubles, which admittedly I don't have. But like him I have been somewhat snowed under with the pressures of  life. So it really is exactly the same.

Image result for lovejoy fruit of the desertSorry everyone. I've been unable to make enough time to square away my quota for November - what with a busy teaching job and parental duties which already leave me being generally bit bushed. I don't want to bore the reader too much, but there was no point in the day in which I can complete this challenge for November. I could lose sleep and paint, but I need some gas/petrol in the tank for the real life stuff.


December is going to offer more free time, so we will hopefully be good for the Xmas installment!

6 comments:

  1. There but for the grace of God, and all that. Don't sweat it, crack on with next month. Hopefully I will not be writing this same blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mulligan's there for a reason! Thanks for writing your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are thinking of putting Mustafa in charge of our motivation and productivity department...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheer up! This could be for the right impetus on army painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was almost there as well. I came with in 2 hours of the M....Nice post.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog