Thursday, November 30, 2017

Richard's Dwarf Host- November 208 Pts

After the OldHammer in Da Jerz event I had 8 mostly painted Dwarfs, and have since found the time to do another 8 for a total of 16 for 13x16 = 208 points. The plan for this unit is that it will only consist of 1980s vintage Perrys sculpted Dwarfs, ultimately Norse, but a bit of a mixture of Norse, Adventurers and Imperials for now.

The starting point is a large batch of painted dwarfs that I acquired over 15 years back, painted using a thinned paint over white with some washes and some black lining, a lot of pen work. Nice in their day, but now chipped, and hopelessly desaturated, time for a refresh. Here's three more waiting their turn for a facelift.





They were rebased at some point to match my all grey based army, but not a lot else has happened to them since Games Day 2001 when they made a brief appearance.

I like to preserve the approach of the original artist, so I'm over-painting using similar but modern(ish) colours and washes. in most cases I kept the original eyes as they seemed pretty decent.

I also have decided that the grey basing had to go, so now they are black with two tone brown drybrushing and tufts. the shields will use LBM decals at some point, when they arrive, but for now they borrowed these out of the bits box.



They will also need naming, at least the units will, but for now the first 16 stand proud in the defence of their clan.



Next up, command and their mates!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely figures Richard. I think resuscitating the old paint jobs is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely models, and it must be fun to revisit the figures 15 years later!

    Great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at "1980s vintage Perrys"! Love em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely painted! After seeing them, I am starting to think to repaint some of my older minis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oldhammer is the Besthammer, and your dwarves are no exception.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog