Monday, December 17, 2018

Skal's Wood Elves

Darkson's Happy Little Forest Painting!


Well here we go. The goal of this little adventure is to paint up 1,000 points of Wood Elves to bring arrows of happiness to all of those that stumble into the forest with ill intent over the next 6 months.



Here is a look at my happy little force so far. As you can see they are all bare metal just waiting for their time to hit the painting table and become "Happy little mistakes".



The work up to January will consist of cleaning the models, working on all of the bases, trimming the tabs, and adding pins to all of the feet of the troop miniatures.

For my 1,000 points I am working on the following:

Lvl 15 Elven Mage mounted on a Warhorse w/barding 213 pts
He will be accompanied by 2 bears (not yet acquired) 40 pts

5 Wood Riders 130 pts

10 Lords Bowmen 120 pts
Lvl 5 Hero 48 pts


15 Warrior Kin w/ Spears 150 pts


2 units of 5 Wardancers 200 pts

1 Treeman 280 pts

Army total: 1,133

If I have time I am going to add a few more units to really flesh out the force. For the theme of the force I am going for a QRF (Quick Reaction Force) that patrols the boarders and protects their lands for intruders.

I have always been inspired by Mike McVeys Wood Elves from back in the day. He did not stick with the typical Wood Elf colors and he was inspired by Celt and Native American tribes. I really dig this and am going to also pull from Celt and Norse (surprise, surprise for those who know me) theme.

For my colors I am going to try and stick to the Vallejo range of Panzer Aces paints as I want a mix of uniform greens, greys, and a browns. I want the clothing to feel like it would blend in with the colors of dusk, which would be the time the force would strike. This would allow the enemy just enough time to know they are getting attacked by the forest before the darkness sets in and the night of terror begins.

I am excited to be a part of The Old World Army Challenge (OWAC) and look forward to seeing the other armies develop into fully painted armies.

Always remember it is not about the destination but the Journey that counts. Till next next post.

Skal


10 comments:

  1. Wood Elves are so full of charm, and you have a varied force with many small units, which works so well for 3rd edition. and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to do more Wardancers! They are such fun models.

      Delete
  2. Great old minis, looking forward to seeing them painted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing these painted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wardancers, who doesn't love Wardancers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This force has a great feel to it - looking forward to seeing the Mage with Bears :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a Wood Elves lover (see my last year OWAC), I really like your quick reaction force! I am looking forwrd to see them painted: the color scheme you were talking about really intrigues me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this wood elves 3rd editión!!!
    Good luck mate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stuff! I'm curious how you will add pins to the feet of these as they are really slim. I've got to do the same so please share how you do it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a plan. Look forward to seeing these done.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog