Thursday, January 31, 2019

Kober's Skaven Hoard - Plague Monks 236 points

The lingering stench of the polluted air is a warning to all who wish to battle the Plague Monk unit. Leading the Skaven Hoard is the advanced unit of 20 Plague Monks. Hidden within the unit is two (2) Plague Censer Bearers.

Details: I painted two additional troopers as part of this unit (points not included in the 236) . This way I can field the unit with or without the Censer Bearers to surprise my opponent. I attempted to keep my color choices close to the old White Dwarf and 4th ed printed examples. The colors are bright with a mix of Yellow, Purple, Blue and Red. Paints : The army was spray primered Army Painter Leather Brown. I brushed on Citadel foundation paints, Vallejo Game color, Game color Air, and Army Painter washes. I paint with Zem brushes (3200 Kolinsky sable) and a synthetic brush for washes. I tried two new techniques with this unit. First, using a gloss over gloss technique on my washes. Second, to get the highlights bright I first highlighted with bleached bone and then painted on the Game color Air covering the bleached bone. The swords have a final edge highlight of Vallejo model color fluorescent green.











9 comments:

  1. I've never thought of plague monks as being really colourful but it does work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice rats, I like the warpstone effect on the blades and censers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on these. The bright colours, whilst a bit unusual for skaven (well how one usually sees them painted), work really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *puts on sunglasses....

    Fantastic particularly like the blade effects :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. +1 for the blade effects. Gonna have to steal that idea. well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dig how colorful this unit is. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! You really nailed the 90's vibe. I want more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I'd never considered a palette like that for vermin. Looks amazing though and the blades are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking unit! I like bright colors!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog