Thursday, January 31, 2019

Mike's January Nurgle (310pts)

Happy end of the first month of painting! As I said before that I've wanted to do a proper Nurgle army from Lost and the Damned which in my opinion is the best of the 3rd edition era books. But my favorites are Nurgle and Tzeentch so I may be a bit biased...

  So much Nurgley goodness

 So for January I decided like last years challenge to get the biggest unit out of the way, so I painted up the Nightmare Legion that had been gathering dust in a bin. I have been sitting on them in the faint hope that fantastic eBay deal on a vintage skeleton horde or army box would appear, but as that is not to be then the next best thing is to field them as Plague Skeletons of Nurgle. This is one of my favorite units from the realm of chaos books and pretty much was the deciding factor in doing Nurgle for the challenge, and should I ever get that damnable box then I could use them as regular undead.


So luckily I had exactly 21 of the skeletons which fits perfectly with multiples of 7 rule for Nurgle. I painted them with my Coat d'arms paint using chainmail, goblin green, and citadel khemri dust as the main colors with red and blue for the gems and some of the belts and drum. I also luckily kept the original bases when I had stripped them when I got them so was able to reuse those since I am rather short of 20mm squares. In my hurry to make the list I failed to notice I needed a champion or hero to lead the unit so I redid the points to include a champion and musician in the unit as well as light armour, spears, and a shield to come in at 310pts for the month.

6 comments:

  1. Those are some sexy skellies, nicely done. I didn't know you could take plague undead. I have to say the magical numbers part of RoC always kind of bugged me, luckily you had the right number of figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on some classic sculpts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know people knock these sculpts, but I think they’re great and you did an excellent job painting them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plague skeletons FTW - great idea to use models you wouldn't otherwise get to paint. I love that about painting challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. Some of those sculpts are very cool indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog