Thursday, January 24, 2019

Millsy's Empire - Wizards and Halfling Cocks (390 points)

Hi All,


OK, so it happened. All plans to save Lumpin Croop and his Halfling Cocks to the end were well and truly scuppered by my complete lack of self-control, etc. etc. etc. Anyway, they're done now so bollocks to any form of restraint and I'm jolly pleased with them so happy days!














I've used my usual style of a mix of two or three colour layering and inks on these. I was tempted to steer away from the canon green jackets but I've always loved them in green and it just seems so right.

Lumpin is missing his original shield unfortunately. I've replaced it with a small heater instead, appropriately sized and have hand painted a red chicken passant to match Ned's standard.







I've also gotten a bit fixated with character figs of late so I got stuck into my foot and mounted battle wizards as well.

I let the sculpts drive my thinking in terms of colour scheme with these. He's got stars and moons on his shoulders and what I envisaged as another moon on his staff so I went with blues, greys and black to represent the night sky and heavenly bodies. The cloak seemed a bit dull so I've jazzed it up with a blue and silver border replicating the stars and moons.






The wizards are a decent chunk of my points in one hit so I'm ahead of the game there a bit. Things will slow down now though as I've only units lefts to paint.

Cheers,
Millsy

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful! It is great to see the hobbits painted up, and painted well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Obviously the Halflings are the stars but I do love the borders on the wizards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliantly painted! Any friend of halflings is a friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the halflings and wizards. You’ve done a good job of bringing out their character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW!!!
    It's beautiful!!!
    Great first Month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work! They stand out well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those halflings! The wizard is pretty sweet too. I like the detail on the bottom of the robe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rock out with the Cocks out -- in the first month. I agree about the green. It just fits them very well. Really like the mages as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halflings and a wizard, a man after my own heart, beautiful paint jobs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most excellent work. Wizard and halflings remind me of Gandalf and the hobbits

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog