Friday, January 25, 2019

Tom's Dwarfs: Month One (212 points)

Greetings.

Straight off the bat, I reorganised my army list (and I'm sure there might be a few more re-shuffles before the 6 months is up!)

Here's my list then - with a dated paper in the background to act as proof of non paint...

160....General
176....Warriors x15 inc standard
176....Warriors x15 inc standard
202....Slayers x12 inc Giant Slayer
(6 armed with additional axe, 6 armed with double handed WYSIWYG)
130....Crossbowmen
74....Stone Thrower
54....Bolt Thrower

972...TOTAL

Naturally, those extra points could well be spent on heavy armour, weapons etc ect, but hopefully I'll be able to paint something from the EXTRA's pile...



Extras:
Cannon
Wiazrd
Cleric
Pony and Handler
a model to Pay the Piper with
Warriors inc standard x 20
Norse Dwarfs x 10
Bugman's Rangers x 12
Fire and Chef Things
Chest of Gold
Rambo
Gnome

In no way will I paint all these extras, but it's nice to have something to choose from :)

…..

Aaaaaannnnyhow, this months 200points consists of the ten crossbowmen and the bolt thower, and then three warriors, (who are the ones without plastic shields in the unit - I find them much easier to paint) to make up the points for a total of 212, plus it'll give me a boost when painting the regiment fully.

Here they are:

Crossbows:





Group Shot:



Bolt Thrower:


Warriors:


The first model I completed this month though was not a Dwarf, and neither did it count for any points. It was this pony....


I'll paint a dwarf handler for him next month (it'll be a duplicate of the bolt thrower crew - the one with his hands out).

Talking of next month, hopefully it'll see a unit of slayers for that 202points goal. On the sideline I've got a few models that I'd like to paint up to add some flavour, most notably some food on a fire and a treasure chest. I've also a friendly gnome wizard to paint :)

Some of my photos seem to have come out a little dark - apologies. They're taken with a cameraphone outside. I'll try and take some better ones along the way..

Until next month...

16 comments:

  1. Nice job on Nice models. Perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great paint work! and your photography skills are pretty good too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the close ups, those faces are great. So full of character. I'm really looking forward to your next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! Quick question: who makes those crossbows?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind comments peeps!
    And also Jaeckel, I thought you'd like to know your dwarfs have proved an immense inspiration. Initially I did try and emulate the NMM look, but I found it too taxing :)

    The crossbows I brought from ebay - five for £1.25, seller is Gamelink2012, although I'm sure that you could buy them from a shop like Foundry...

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glorious! Your faces are so wonderfully expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work. The idea of using the bolt thrower crewman as a pony handler in the baggage train is great - looking forward to seeing those slayers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding work. I dig that you painted up the pony first. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. I really like the colors and the pony.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These guys look great, a real nostalgia vibe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again for all the kind words, it's big motivation :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tom, mate, those are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog