Monday, July 1, 2019

ZeroTwentythree's June Sea Elves (316 pts)

June 30: I finished the last bits of the chariot. Down to the last day of the challenge, and I was up late the last two nights to get it done. But June was the worst of the past few months of excessive work travel. (The travel is done for the moment as well -- now that the OWAC is over. Ha!)

So here's the final portion of the sea elves for the challenge:

1 Warwain with scythed wheels, shield, longbow...... 162 pts
8 Warriors with spears (+1 shield) ..... 89 pts
1 Marsh troll ..... 65 pts

June Total: 316 pts.



Most importantly, I finished the Elven Attack Chariot, which was a large part of my decision to paint elves. After decades of sitting in a bin, the model is finally painted! Even if I got nothing else done for the elves, and even though it's FAR from my best painting, THIS feels like victory!

There were a couple of missing bits from the chariot -- I think there is a javelin case, and the spear-elf should have a cape. But I like it better without the cape anyway, and the model is busy enough that it doesn't need the javelins

The mage/falconer was miscast and has a mangled face. I painted it like a scar and figured it's part of the dangers of handling aggressive birds of prey.

I had a bit of fluff from the perspective of some wood elf scouts half-written in my head, but I'm a bit tired and won't get to it at the moment. Maybe by the time of the army wrap-up in the next week or two.






Coming soon is my OWAC2 wrap-up, and a look forward to a few minor post-OWAC additions I have planned

8 comments:

  1. It turned out really well. It's going to be great to see it with the rest of the project in your wrap-up post. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congrats on getting that chariot finally done! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Nice work on completion of the chariot. Always feels great to get a long standing project done and finished. Congrats, it looks proper imposing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great work on the war chariot! It is surely a relevant addition for your army force

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations indeed! That Chariot is a real Oldhammer Showpiece! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, all. I'm very happy to have (finally!) finished the chariot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chariot is epic! Congratulations on finishing a great centerpiece for your Sea Elves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice. A lot of work went into getting the chariot to that level and it shows. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog