Sunday, August 25, 2019

goblinpaladin's Wood Elves Wrap-Up

This has been such a great ride. I've never worked on a project like this, with peers and cool people doing the same thing at the same time. It's exactly cool as I thought it would be, back in the late 90s, reading those first A Tale of Four Gamers articles. My only regret is that we can't all get together and have a huge multi-player game with our shiny new armies.


these guys sure are... flashy

Actually, no, I have a second regret - I have very nearly had to use my mulligan on the triumphal Project Finished Hooray! Month. August and late July have been horribly busy for me and my partner, and she's the one with actual photography skills. I was hoping to get the elves to my local store, set them up with some terrain, get some fun photos (including an 80s-style author photo).

Obviously, I have not done that. There is something beautifully retro about a photo of brightly coloured elves taken with a flash though, right? That's in the spirit of The Old World Army Challenge?

If my partner and I can manage to organise to be in this city for a weekend and not have sixteen other things to do, I'll try and get a real photo for you guys.

In the meantime, what does my final list look like?

CHARACTERS [280]
Kaia Stormwitch, ~98 points.
Celarn, ~91 points.

Jos'Mel, ~91 points.

REGIMENTS [783]

15 archers, 165 points.
15 archers, 165 points.
16 wardancers, ~320 points.
6 glade runners, 96 points.
1 beastmaster + 4 boars, 37 points.

ALLIES [275]

Adzel, Zoat Wizard, 275 points.

TOTAL: 1058 points.


I painted a model that I'd had floating in my collection for twenty years. I painted some of my favourite sculpts in Games Workshop history. I tried new techniques and new colours. I painted a zoat! The best part, though, was watching what you guys were doing. You're all incredible! This has been the best!


I can't wait for next year.


Galadriel, as played by Cate Blanchett in Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
Directed by Peter Jackson. New Line Cinema, 2001.
namárië

3 comments:

Search This Blog