Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Brennan's February Post (240 Points)

Hello!  I'm back again with the unit of Iron Breakers!

So, if I went for shiny metal on all of these figures then it really would have been a lot of the same color.  I decided to go for a blue steel look on the plate armor to break things up a bit.  I used a series of washes and dry-brushing to get the effect.  It's not perfect, but I think it gets the point across.  PBS had a good documentary on an electric blue suit of armor that provided the inspiration.  That and I wanted to keep the corn flower blue and forest green core colors that I'm doing for this section of the army.  The forest green was used for some armor trim and any random shirts or capes that snuck there way in...


For the banner, I wanted something stormy so I went with a lightning bolt.  I like lightning bolts for the dwarves.  if you have ever been up in the mountains during lightning storm, then you will know what that raw power feels like.  Seems fitting for what is, effectively, a unit of foot knights.


And now all of them together!


10 Iron Breakers with musician and standard: 240 pts

11 comments:

  1. Making good progress! That blue will give a nice consistent look for your army when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Go dwarfs!
    Banner looks awesome too - I wish I had the patience to make my own 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can cheat a little. I find that they watercolor pencils are easier to blend.

      Delete
  3. The skin tone on the dwarves came out looking really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I kinda wanted them a little browner. Maybe the next round.

      Delete
  4. I like the painted armor. You're right, it helps break it up a bit and really balanced nicely with the metallic parts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The trouble with a lot of these dwarves is the amount of armor. They could look like tin cans otherwise!

      Delete
  5. The painted armor is a win for tying the unit together! Really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a nice looking little unit you got going on there! :D

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog