Saturday, February 1, 2020

Jesse's Undead (319 points)

My goal for the month was to paint a complete units to show myself that I could do this. I was pretty stoked as this is the first painting project that I have managed to finish despite many years playing with toy soldiers. My unit was a bunch of skeletons led by an undead hero:
  • 19 Skeleton Warriors with light armour including standard and musician (231 points)
  • Level 15 undead hero with light armour, hand weapon and flail (88 points)
This is the second row. All of the guys hiding behind the stars of the show. I was pretty happy with the overall look but I will make a few changes for the second unit, 15 Grim Reapers. I am going to start moving house this week so I am interested to see how that impacts on my painting progress for February. My original plan was to get a unit done each month for the first three months and then just paint wizards, heroes and war machines for the rest of the challenge.

7 comments:

  1. Excellent crew ! I painted some of these guys last year and i know it is no easy task. Waiting for your next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oueff! Good luck with the house move (and better luck with the painting whilst moving!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going to be a bit of a mission but I think I will take my painting set up to work and try and get it done during my lunch breaks.

      Delete
  3. Damn fine unit. Can't wait to see next months work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! You have never painted before, really? Keep going, and be careful not to get your army packed in a mystery place when you move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lissanne, I painted an orc team for bloodbowl a decade ago and a couple of undead man o war ships more recently but otherwise I have not painted. I really love old miniatures and but couldn't bring myself to paint them as I didn't think that I could do a job that I would be happy with. Every time I have started in the past I have just given up before I finished and stripped them. Joining this challenge was my way of trying get past this.

      Delete
  5. Yes! Congratulations on your first unit - and good luck with the house move! :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog