Saturday, February 1, 2020

Glyn's Orc Waaagghhh - January 2020 (208 points)

Well, month 1 done and I'm quite chuffed 😀 almost a last minute disaster regarding varnish but thanks to some stellar advice from your good selves, disaster averted!


When I committed to trying this challenge, part of my motivation was it might be a good way to begin painting up a particular army I have long coveted...... Skarsnik's forces at the battle for the East Gate of Karak Eight Peaks. The roster sheet for these forces were set out in the 4th Edition Dwarf Army Book and I've added then below purely for interest (and to fill out my post! 🙄). My submission to this competition obviously doesn't include the points totals for the magic items. 



I decided my force for this competition partly to provide some of the characters and units needed for this bigger army and partly because I just love some of the figures. 

And so, to this months entry, I present my Orc Shaman Champion, Gunky Bunghole. Armed with a sword and very dubious personal hygiene practices, he weighs in at 118 points. 







To keep him company, I also give you Gorfang Rotgut. Intended to originally leads my orc boyz unit, in true waagh style, he 'ead butted the big uns champion and took over that unit instead! 😆 Armed with a violent temper, a big sword, light armour and a shield, he adds 90 points to this months submission. 






and so........the deadly duo!


Next month I'm intending (Mork and Gork permitting) to paint up the big uns command group and my warboss, Balgagz Gargul.

Hwyl
Glyn

8 comments:

  1. Lovely set of dirty looking orcs. Rotgut is such a neat, straightforward looking bruiser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The armour looks wicked - really dirty and old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big fan of yellow highlighting for the green :) Nice basework too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing paint job! Looking forward to your units!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the compliments guys 😊👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things I love about these two Middlehammer icons: The wet look skin, excellent! Gorfang's shield :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog