Friday, January 31, 2020

Joe's Compact Chaos Company- January- Beastmen (230 points)

11 Beastmen without armour @ 10 points each including standard (10 points),
led by Glod the Mock (level 10 hero- 110 points)

Unit total 230 points


I've taken the Stewart Parkinson book from 1986, Heroes for Wargames, as my inspiration here. I can't come close to the painting quality, but I've tried to echo the darkness and weirdness of the stuff in that book. All these figures are 1970s sculpts by Barry Minot, from his Pendragon range. They're available again from Wargames Design Workshop. I'm happy with the colour scheme I'm used- flesh tones, dull purples and oranges- not colours I usually use at all. Painting these was great fun- can't wait for month 2!

24 comments:

  1. Dude these are awesome. Your figure choice screams CHAOS and your paint jobs bring the sculpts to life. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, WOW. These are as great as I'd hoped they would be! I love them so so so much. Phenomenal work. Wargames Design Workshop should license your photos for their catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome figures and great paint jobs! I love them, are so chaotic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb painting and love your style. The banner is just, Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joshua! The banner was great fun to do.

      Delete
  5. HOLY MOLEY, I'd like to echo everyone here and say that they look phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible. I had no idea such miniatures had been designed in the 70s. And cool painting job too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers man! I think they were late '70s- hard to get accurate dates.

      Delete
  7. Amazing paint job. Such sculpts don't appeal to me, but your painting has brought them to life 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're very crude sculpts by today's standards for sure, and even by the standards of the day. I like them because they're just so peculiar.

      Delete
  8. Hot damn Joe! You are really showing us a different style of painting to your normal approach, and these minis are just so evocative of that Heroes for Wargames style. You've nailed it mate. I can't wait for month two either! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate! It's been fun to try something different for sure.

      Delete
  9. The quality of the painting is so damn good. The wild figure selection adds so much as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is inspiring. My favorite is the banner guy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look fantastic, absolutely love them

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog