Monday, April 6, 2020

Jeff Allen's Kossars (342 Points)

I am never painting this many figures again. What was I thinking?

For March I decided to paint Kossars. I had 2 units worth so I thought I'd get them done all at once. I got them done but I really hated it the last few days. 30 figures including the Boyar and a Bear as unit filler and flavor. But they are done!

So officially for the challenge, this is a unit of "Greatswords" with 2 Archer detachments, to keep it legal for the 4th edition rules. Thematically it works for Middenheim, at least to me. As I think there would be Kislev influences in the Middenheim culture. I see Middenheim and Kislev working together to fend off the endless attacks from the Chaos wastes to the north. So here are the pics:


Here's the first unit. My big problem with these guys was the standard. I suck at free hand work. So I spent about 2 days trying to figure out how to print a custom decal. I had the Testors Decal kit already, but didn't know how to use it.


The 2nd unit of Kossars. I hit the standard with Testors Dullcote, but the decal is still a little shiny. I might go back and paint over it.




This guy I found on Facebook. He is the Coach of Kislev inspired Blood Bowl team. I love him as a Boyar.


 Here are the lads pretending to be Empire troops.


Here are all the troops I've painted for OWAC3 together. I got a little carried away with the back drop and created a whole little rustic village scene.


So my point totals:

17 Kossars(GreatSwords)....153
4 Command figs...................36
11 Archer Detachments........88
1 Boyar(Hero)......................65

Total......................................342

That was a long month for many reasons. Looking forward to a better April, for everyone.

Next up, the iconic Winged Hussars!

Cheers, Xin/Jeff

7 comments:

  1. These guys look great and that village is SO cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not have expected that colour scheme to work but DAMN that looks good. Bold choice and it paid off. Well done mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great army shot, and I love the colors of this batch, so many difficult minis done wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at 'em all! They look wonderful. I especially like the banners by the way - always a lot to be said for instantly recognisable, simple banners! All your models look fantastic - great basing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive contribution this month! The army is really taking shape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yessss! That's a fantastic looking shot of them all together. Really atmospheric :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. That last photo is especially awesome. Great looking set, terrain, background, and army! The boyar figure really is a great addition. Who makes it?

    May have been a stressful painting month, but you've got quite the payoff. Awesome addition to the army!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog