Monday, May 4, 2020

Sam's Savage Orcs - The one where the set was complete (211pts)

So the plague continues and I received word that poor unpainted Ol' Grog was captured by heartless Skaven plague monks. He got drunk on a bit too much of that Special Brew laced with shrooms and fell off the paint table. Of course those pesky rats would drag him off when he was unconscious, it’s so like them sneaky gitz, no way they would manage it otherwise. But we ain’t worried, he's a sturdy lad, we'll go bust him out of that Clan Humphrey’s prison Oogah Boogah Waaagh style. The scenario is set!

So this month I sort of tried to stick to the one colour a day plan, and was weeeell, sort of successful, in the same way as doing something as an afterthought is. That is to say I didn’t really stick to it, yet the overall idea of it still got me painting in a more sustainable way. In the end I only had the very final colour and highlight to do on the last day of the month. So I count it as a win, especially with two young kids bouncing around the apartment like caged squigs all day everyday.

So, the big news this month is: I've finally done it!!!
Every single Perry twin Savage Orc sculpt has been collected and painted. And all part of two successive OWAC’s I might add.

The quota:

1 x Savage Orc Shaman Champion, DHW (124pts)
5 x Savage Orc’s, bows (47.5pts)
1 x Savage Orc banner (9.5 pts)
(banner isn’t added/painted, so not doubling points, just adding weapons cost of intended unit, spear and shield)
2 x Snotling bases (30pts)

Total: 211 points




"Wait a minute! Who nickk'd me banner?"


Comin' at yah!
Admittedly the work isn’t fully done yet. All of this years ones still need to be varnished and have the tufts and static grass added to their bases. I’ve also got to finish one banner and two shields (which I manged to pick up on the cheap). But, that’s just the final touches, the painting is done. Woohoo!!! It also means that with just one more month of painting and another of the above final touches I will for the first time ever have a fully painted Warhammer army, so here is to keeping up the motivation. And that is the plan for the next two months. Fortunately for next month I have a real treat in store, the full compliment of all sculpts of the below beauties:



So until then, wishing everyone keep safe, wash them hands and avoid shady Clan Pestilens characters like the plague (literally). Peace out.

Samuel

8 comments:

  1. I love the green! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly - congratulations! Such a massive sense of yeeeeeahhh when a long term project comes together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snotlings are adorable! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. I have always liked the red wood on weapons for Orcs. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on unlocking your Big Hobby Achievement with the Perry Savage Orcs! Dedication in collecting is to be admired I feel :)

    Also, superb Snotlings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ol' Grog is mine and you will never get him back! You will have to come to the heart of pestilence (the UK) and fight the clan to recover your lost soul!! Muwahahaha

    In all seriousness though dude, fantastic work. I can't wait to see the whole army in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice addition to the army! I especially like the Snotlings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your skin colour. i'm contemplating stealing it for my savage orcs come there moment under the brush! Looking forward to a good 'troll off' next month!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog