Friday, June 26, 2020

Lissanne's Undead-The Black Queen chants the Funeral march (103 pts)


OWAC goal done- completing a 2000pt army in 6 months!  Oh wait, did I get the number wrong?  But I did finish up all the undead in my stash (well, the ones that don't have a piece missing) including all the odds and sods.

Finished the Zombies of Karr-Keel!  Done till they put out more, LOL!  that would be
1 Death Rider- Dennis Moore, the Dandy Highwayman!



And the last 5 Zombies of Karr-Keel
The violinist, done to match the other musicians



the Zombie Highwayman



Zombie Puppeteer


Zombie Witch



And the zombies aren't done until the Bagpiper plays!



And also

I finished the 15 hobbit zombies that were a gift.  I don't know what I will do with hobbit zombies, but it's probably like a sharknado, if I have it, I will think of something! (Do I have sharks for a sharknado?  Why yes!)  They were an odd slick plastic not easy to paint, so a tabletop job.


And on to the 0 point models!
First the podium, last of the Catacombs of Terror figs.  It is a terrain piece, I guess.




AND---my big 0 pt contribution, the Throne of Bones.  IMHO, one of the most ludicrous models ever marketed, and I bought it!  This monster has been sitting unbuilt and in addition has suffered at least 3 serious failed starts over the decades, but it is finally done!   What a horror to paint and build!  If you are thinking of getting one, I recommend don't.  Probably the most difficult assembly I've ever done, and I've done a few.  Plus I did a whole lot of painting on parts that don't show at all. A WHOLE lot.  But it looks pretty cool now that it's together!    Dirge certainly will need another necromancer in back to control all those skeletons that are falling down and shifting apart at odd moments, so she can relax in front!   Dirge the lich, celebrating her victory!






Dirge is victorious!  The citizens of Merchant's Reach who remain are now have become part of her undead army.  Surrounded with the bones of the vanquished, she appears in the form of a beautiful woman.  Onward to build and destroy another temple!

For this final month of OWAC III
1 Death Rider  23 pts
20 zombies  4pts each  80 pts (final)
1 podium   0 pts
And...the Throne of Bones 0 pts
total 103 pts

So- OWAC goals achieved
Finish all the Catacomb of Terror figures- done!
Finish all the Zombies of Karr-Keel figures- done!
Paint all the huge undead models lurking around the basement- done!
And if I had to paint 60 skeletons to do that, so be it.  Praise be to Skeleton Horde contrast paint!

And on to July, wrap up post and the picture of the army if I can find someplace big enough to lay it out!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome blanchesc as always but that throne is something else. Top work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! I've never heard of the Throne of Bone before, and it is truly magnificent in its ludicrousness! Fantastic work!

    I also love the Zombie piper :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      The Throne is a Tom Meier sculpt for Ral Partha. I think the new company still makes it, or something like it, for those masochistic modellers :) Why do they still make it, why?

      Delete
  3. Fantastic work Lissanne! Your output is incredible. That throe of bones looks fabulous but I can imagine what a torturous assembly and paint that must have been :-O. I agree with StuntCat, that piper is just great :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like you style of painting Lissanne, you use of colour is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moley! The throne, the horses, the tartan, the cat! Great work - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even back in the days, i've always thought this model was odd. What does a pinup among so many skellies? Anyway, good to see this thing painted in 2020 👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so...fresh. As I've said before, you have really captured the undead look. Love the Throne of Bone. Not something you see very often, and never painted this well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It may have been a hassle to assemble, but the Throne looks cool! I've always loved (but never owned) that model -- great seeing someone paint it.

    I read "Dandy Highwayman" and immediately thought "Adam and his ants" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been inspired by the 'Dandy Highway' lately for no reason, my Hobbit brigand BOYL figure comes to mind as starting it. Even put the white strip across her nose!

      Delete

Search This Blog