Tuesday, January 26, 2021

AdamH’s Tyranids – Welcome to the jungle! (350 pts)

After a bit of a shaky start where I struggled to find the theme I wanted to go with this army I managed to settle into a rhythm this month. Like a couple of other challengers, I too like to start with a good chunk of core units/squads to really get an idea of how the theme comes together over a group of models.

The minimum for a core month submission is ten models but my broods are all 12 models each, plus you can’t have those naughty termagants running around unsupervised so this month is a bumper crop of fifteen, three of which are large models so would probably count as two each!

Rank and File month #1

First up we have those mischievous Termagants, each armed with a Strangleweb:


Pretty basic 2nd edition scheme going on here, the red is a little more highlighted that comes across in the pictures. The bone carapace looks good on the smaller models but I am a little concerned about how it will look on something larger like the Hive Tyrant.

The green and purple used on the weapons will be carried throughout the force to help further unify them and make them seem like they are all created from the same biomass.

Finally the bases, I used aquarium plants that were trimmed and re-shaped with scissors to reduce the size. I have quite a few different colours but wanted to make sure it was predominantly green again to make the force feel unified.

Next up we have the Tyranid Warriors, one of which is armed with a Venom Cannon:

Same scheme as the Termagants but I tried to give a NMM or glass effect look to the Boneswords, not sure how well it turned out but it was the first time I have tried anything like it so I’m happy with what I ended up with. Some slightly larger plants on the bases this time along with some purple ones to try and tie that colour together.

So this month my Rank and File submission is:

UNIT

EXTRAS

#

TOTAL

Tyranid Warrior Brood (55)

Venom Cannon (33)

3

206

Termagant Brood (6)

Strangleweb (6)

12

144

                   TOTAL

350



Next month will be more Termagants and maybe something a little bigger, and sneakier… plus a new technique for me so wish me luck!

And as always, best of luck to the rest of the challengers, especially to Sam as he is painting Tyranid food. :)

12 comments:

  1. One of my favouvite entries to date, top stuff! That NMM is very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Warriors are especially spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vibrant colours, the plants really set them off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief, they look amazing. Great basing work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bugs and a classic scheme - the aquarium plants are a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the jungle!!! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those blades are made of 100% genuine purple awesomeness. Nice work pulling together a bunch of bold colors into a great composition. I'm usually a fan of more subtle basing, but your jungle plants REALLY work well with your figures & painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sir, your tyranids are gorgeus and I need to play against them. And take a *count fingers* million pictures. Your bone armour is superb, and those incredible nmm swords...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boneswords, hurr hurr

    I shall enjoy our incredibly slow game of remembering how to play 2nd Ed. against these

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! That nmm purple crystal blade effect is absolutely fantastic! Red bugs will surely dominate the battlefield. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog