Thursday, January 28, 2021

Adrian's Eldars - Guardians initial fusillade (165 points)

Rank and File month #1

 

The Forest of Silence lived up to its name. Nothing could be heard except for the unnatural thundering trot of millions of hoofs and the sound of screeching teeth. The swarm was in advance.

Suddenly, a song of wrath started to sound. The flutes of the bonesingers echoed from all directions in the forest. It was the signal.

Ready my men, none of these filthy beast shall live to see another day after desecrating our world!

The volley of laser fire erupted from the front along the glades of the Forest. Hundreds of tyranid biomorphs halt and fell, killed instantly. The plasma cannons ripped holes in the infinite tide of enemies. The battle of the Forest of Silence has begun.

----------

The first month of my second challenge. I wanted to start with the troops and paint most of the yellow madness, so I can add more colours to the mix in the next months.

10x Guardians - 110 points

The metal guardians have little variety. I tried to maintain the basic yellow scheme and have some randomess in the details. After paiting all the armour and helmets in batch of five models, I picked each individual and went for a unique style of leather for the pouches, strip for the clothes, flame motif, and gemstone combination.



The leader was also fun to paint, the commander from the space elf range has some variation that gives even more flavour to the unit. 



I never was a big fan of clone monoposes, but with the challenge of bringing up the details of the guardians, I like how it ended.

1x Plasma Cannon in grav platform - 55 points

We will need some serious firepower to exterminate the recent plagues found in the typical Iyanden house. Pesky lictors, they are usually found in the warmest parts like the back of the heater or the fridge.

The platform was the easy part. I wanted to create some glowing plasma effect in the batteries and the main body.

The old crew members are awesome and have a lot of cyberpunk vibes. 

I couldn't resist to paint some cool leather jackets. The old leather of the gunner with the range finder was made using a bit of orangy-brown mix and applying VMC signal blue to the shadows. The highlights doing dots were a pain but I am pleased with the results. 
The shuriken catapult gunner was made with Victor's creamy purple secret recipe. 
Unfortunately, he's not with us. This year, because he had no time to keep with the challenge, not because he's joined the hosts of Nagash. Probably he'll delight us with this awesome trick, which I am more than pleased with my initial try.



Last, but not least, there is a total of 297 gemstones in those fellas. I'll keep the count updated in this path to madness.

Adrian's out.

16 comments:

  1. Love the classic colour scheme and those awesome edge highlights! Also thumbs up for going above the required figure count, great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Iyanden colors! Beautiful job! Go Team Eldar. And even the scouts have too many gems. I didn't keep count tho...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, striking colours and high-lights

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice eldars here. As you know, I really like yoir work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are INCREDIBLE. Great work!

    297 gemstones is a bit much though

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work. The yellow looks great, and I really like that glowing pink effect on the big gun.

    I said this on one of my previous projects (I think the sea elves)...

    Gems : Elves/Eldar :: Skullz : Chaos


    Go #TeamEldar :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Wonderful looking eldar! That gemstone tally is formidable - just under two gems a point... More power to you sir!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The antigrav platform is a bit to "high" but really your eldars rock ! Especially with this scheme which is pretty hard I think. Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  9. 297. Good heavens. You'll be counting rivets next...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work and I always love a good action shot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some classic old skool 2 Ed. Iyanden done beautifully, yes gimme more

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job Adrian. All the colours really pop. I especially like the flame motif on the helmets.

    I've always loved Eldar but stupidly sold off my 2nd/3rd ed army for pennies many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stuff! The yellow came out really well. Can't wait to see the full force in all its glory!
    Do you paint gemstones in your sleep now? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never been a fan of the 2nd ed eldar, always preferring the original space pirates, but I have to say these are lovely. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog