Friday, January 29, 2021

Mike's Waagh Grotgut (300pts)

Rank and File month 1. 

Well January is upon us, and as I have in past challenges I focused on getting my largest block of troops done first. In the 1st challenge I did goblin infantry for only one unit of my army (mind you I'm not a crazy person doing blocks of 60 gobbos). So for this month I did 2 units of Night Goblin archers and 6 fanatics, which was more than I planned on but I got a good start early in the month. I apologize for the photo quality, not much good natural light lately here in New England.

My night goblins are the very tiny Kev Adams sculpts with two C12 goblins mixed in. I love the smaller goblin style, it seems more fitting when compared to the orc sculpts of the period.


Despite the tendency to lay havoc to my own units, I find it hard to not take at least one unit of fanatics in every army. The chance of magnificent chaos across my enemies lines though rare are almost irresistible. The fanatics are marauder and 4th edition sculpts which are so much easier to play with than the newer giant tippy fanatics.

So month one in the books and on to the short month of February!

6 comments:

  1. Yay - Goblin Sticka's! Love these little guys and you've done a great job. I've always wanted to track down that fanatic flying feet first - cracking model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any Goblin nnot carrying a bow isn't worth his salt! Well done sir

    ReplyDelete
  3. Productive month, love the fanatics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see a night goblin that's not black - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those fanatics! Unless I'm on the receiving end!!! ;-)
    Looking forward to seeing the army develop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Proper goblins at last 😀😀! Cant wait to see the rest of the army.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog