Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Adrian's Eldars - The Witch and the Dragon (445 points)

Rank and File month #3 


The deepest parts of the Forest saw skirmishes erupting here and there. The swarm was advancing and the eldar line could not wistand the numbers much longer. Pockets of resistance from the guardians and shrines of aspect warriors tried to maintain safe routes for the incoming withdraw. 

But the tide shall be halted or else the Eldar could not get to the rearguard.

Among the oldest trees, some of them seen the ancient soils of the Inner Planets of the Eldar Empire, everything came to an unnerve silence.
When the swarm was crossing the deepest forest, the unnatural scream came from all directions.

-Lets burn them.

Hundreds of melta bombs annihilated the first wave of biomorphs and the scouting creatures ahead of the main horde. From the flames came the witches screaming and slicing the monsters like butter. And then the dragons came covering them with flaming rays, disintegrating any tyranid than could get beyond the dance of swords of the Howling Banshees.

----------

Third month ready. I have been experimenting with heavy glazing and seesh, for a moment I thought I would get the Mulligan. However, at the last minute I saw Lissanne incredible fire dragons and I could not falther now that Team Eldar is posting such awesome pics.

First and foremost, the banshees

7x Howling Banshees - 189 points

1x Exarch - 69 points

I wanted the armour resemble the second iteration of Jain Zar from the Eavy Metal team in the 3rd ed. Eldar Codex. That pearly grey was awesome.

Harder than I thought and took more time that I originally intended, but I am more than pleased with the result.





The swords and the axe follow the traditional red for energy weapons with a bit of nmm spice added to the mix.

4x Fire Dragons - 112 points

1x Exarch - 75 points

These boys are hot. At this point you'll want to see another take to the fire dragons, but no! there is plenty more orange in the Team Eldar pots. Non-orange dragons for another owac, sorry.



I forgot to draw the aspect rune in the helmets but I had little time left this month. Maybe I will add them at some point.

Lastly, the moment of truth, this month we reduce the quota to only 381 gemstones painted. 

#GoTeamEldar

Adrian's out.

13 comments:

  1. Awesome aspect warriors- I especially love the sooty look on the fire dragons, they look great in so many color schemes! Go Team Eldar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The fire dragons were fun to paint despite the fewer amount of time left for them.

      Delete
  2. I really must stop looking at what you're doing, too much of a distraction away from my girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, at this pace we will feel ashame if we cannot complete a month while you're finishing your 35.000 points army!

      Delete
  3. First off GO TEAM ELDAR! Great work this month. Your colors are on point. I really like what you did with your Fire Dragon helmets. I feel your pain on those damn gemstones. Press on only a billion more gemstones to paint.

    GO TEAM ELDAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Go Team Eldar! The helmets were my favourite part. At first I was going for entire dark maroon colour but that "medieval visor" piece demanded an additional colour!

      Delete
  4. Your painting is lovely - close ups are wanted - nay, needed!
    Great colours all round, and the swords are very eye catching - top job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I probably will take some close ups or macros. I normally do with the exarch only, but good idea to take an additional of some troopers (the ones with no hidden failures :p)

      Delete
  5. The purple, green and white colour combo works really well. Stunning unit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I intended to paint them differently but in the end I thought that they would be too similar to the dark reaper pattern. I was not pleased at first, only after adding the exarch. Happy to see someone likes it!

      Delete
  6. Smooth painting! The banshees' swords are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great! Those fire dragons are excellent. Go team Eldar!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog