Monday, March 29, 2021

Lissanne's Eldar - I bring you Hellfire! (376 pts)


Defense of the Maiden World part 3
(rank and file #3)


 This will have probably been the hardest month of the challenge for me, 10 Aspect Warriors with two of them being that difficult Warp Spider exarch.  But I made it through!


First up, another squad from the Black Widow shrine of Warp Spiders. 4 Warp Spiders led by one of those Warp Spider Exarchs.




And a squad of 4 Fire Dragons of the Fire Wasps shrine led by the other Warp Spider Exarch.  Hooray for 2nd edition!  Any exarch can lead any unit of Aspect Warriors!


I've painted a lot of Fire Dragons in my life and I think these came out the best yet- they are certainly my favorites!  I thought the Warp spiders had a lot of gems, these have 47 +18 gems more on the sides of the helmet each!

So....

Black Widow shrine
4  Warp Spiders 164 pts
Warp Spider Exarch 50 pts

Fire Wasps
4 Fire Dragons   112 pts
Warp Spider Exarch 50 pts

total 376 pts


That is all the reinforcements coming throught the gate- Next up, more native forces- the Exodites!

And here is the obligatory midway picture with all I have done so far- 15 scouts, 11 Warp Spiders and 4 Fire Dragons.


10 comments:

  1. That is a lot of gems! I like the fire dragons. I'd be so tempted to backline and them make a mess of it, so seeing these with red shade makes me love them a bit more, as I know I would never have thought of it! Good job 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the runes and the freehand details, looks great! Also I'll never paint Eldars, more gems than a christmas tree has decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, they certainly different to the previous submissions, great contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These guys are excellent! I love the pale spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the green accents on the Fire Dragons - sets of those fiery tones a treat! I've had two (large) gems to paint this month - don't know how you face the piles of jewelry these Space Elves cover themselves in! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eldar were the first figs I ever painted seriously. I have been painting them so long, I am used to it.

      Delete
  6. Cool aspects, the dragons are impressive with the freehands in the helmets. Great work (and quite inspiring!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GO TEAM ELDAR! Another awesome month. It's great to see them all on the table to get a feel of what you have accomplished so far. I sooooooo feel your pain on those damn gemstones. What the heck were they thinking when they designed these?

    I am loving your Fire Dragons. Great work. Keep it up.

    GO TEAM ELDAR!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Fire Dragons are ace! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I forget to comment here? Excellent work as always, and go Team Eldar!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog