Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Sybou's Albion Force Month of March (229 points)

Rank & File month #3

Hello everyone!

Lets dive once again in the dark Myst of Albion ...

For this month, I finally finished my unit of marauders:

A proud unit of 20 men with the Champion of the Clan


So here, we have 20 clansmen (rulewise norse marauders) with the Champion of the Clan (Mercenary captain).

These guys look pretty good once finished. I'm happy that I have complete this unit project. Initially it was just a couple of foundry berserkers i had in my leadpile, then the idea grew on me and I completed the regiment with some new naked men, now with tartans.


The banner is some sort of Cernunnos God that i found on the internet. I tried to copy it but the result is not as good. Anyway, it will look good enough. The banner is in greenstuff.
I love the blowpipe (from Perry miniatures) that gives these guys a proper musician to go in battle.

The bravest of all

The Clan Champion is from Ral Partha. Browsing through their huge line of miniatures, i saw a highlander guy, i checked it and though he would belong to the army and here he is. I tried to give him William Wallace like facepaint.


Then finally, here are 10 pikemens. An additional nod to Braveheart. They will be useful against cavalries.
The Frostgrave miniatures are easy to paint, not to complicated and look pretty good.


Here is what I did for March (well without the 15 Clansmen of February).
Both units look very good next to each other. Still to complete the pikes in April but that will come soon enough.
For now I have 838 points painted on a total of 1979 points.
If everything goes according to my plan, they should be a couple of unexpected reinforcements in the following months.

What will be next ... ?

That's all for March! It's Spring time, I hope to discover lots of your cool paintings and not see too many people in the pile of bones ...

7 comments:

  1. Great plaid! Very Braveheart looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More woad, more woad, more woad, definately got the feel of the blue bonnets over the border to them! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cohesive looking force. Both units fit very well together. I dig the blue war paint, it really ties them together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very productive month and a great addition to the army!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool looking units and very productive month. Love your tartans and warpaints, add a lot of character to the units as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The type of army that looks great on the battlefield. Great job on that banner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy moly - that looks great. With the tartan and the bases and the battlepaint, it really does look wild!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog