Thursday, July 29, 2021

Adrian's eldars - Iyanden is un-doomed (Wrap-up)

Wrap-up post!

 Another OWAC, another troop removed from the pile of shame.

It was a fun project. From painting to create the scenes and write some stories accompanying the updates. It was less stressful than the orc and goblins except for some odd months. However, this time having a job a constrained schedule felt a lot in the planned "extras". Maybe in a future coming back to Iyanden I can add the terrain from the Tyranid invasion or some scattered details from the craftwold gardens.

Painting yellow may seems a bit tedious sometimes but the experience of years collecting eldars and the mix of models I selected made the task a much easier.

I enjoyed the pirates a lot with the mixture of armour colors, one of my favourite units of this challenge. Also I can finally claim my small achievement, completed the unit of eldar exodites after so long. Some of the eldar scouts and wood elf wardancers were purchased in blisters, and the cold ones were the ones from their very first release!








The Doom of the Eldar has not been my personal doom, I finished another OWAC! It has been so much pleasure to paint it as to show them to you all. Hope I get my hand in some units and can continue this project in a future OWAC.

Oh, remember the last year when I lost a goblin for the last set of pictures and found it after the recap post? I have made the same mistake with my wraithlord bright lance. I had it in my hand the other day!! 

Commanders

1x Grand Farseer (general) Ylshor - 170

1x Phoenix Lord Maugan Ra - 179

 

Elites

1x Dark Reaper Exarch - 90

3x Dark Reapers - 201

1x Fire Dragon Exarch - 75

4x Fire Dragons - 112

1x Howling Banshee Exarch - 69

7x Howling Banshees - 189

 

Battleline

1x Dire Avenger Exarch - 56

9x Dire Avengers - 198

10x Guardians - 110

1x Grav Platform with plasma cannon - 55

1x Veteran Pirate captain - 31

9x Eldar pirates - 135

 

Fast Attack

1x Exiled veteran - 50

4x Exiled Knights - 152

 

Heavy Support

1x Eldar Wraithlord with its (missing) laser cannon - 190


58 miniatures and a grand total of 2062 points of eldars.

Thinking about my next project, I will probably return to fantasy and my (other) main army, the mighty dwarfs!

I cannot finish this post without a special thank to the Team Eldar for their support and their awesome entries (as well as everyone in the OWAC!). And the final gemstone count recap, made by the exarchs of the Aspect of Patience: 1532 gemstones.
 
See you in the next challenge.

Adrian's out.

13 comments:

  1. This army is beautiful and oozing character, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Clean and crisp painting, super colourful, bravo! Great work on the army shot too, with the special fx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful army, I didn't count my gems, LOL! Great work on difficult figs, and a great army shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beatiful! Everything about it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely - 1532 the gem count! bananas! Congratulations on a great finish to a brilliant army - they look the bizniz arrayed on that terrain. Catch ya next year 💪

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think painting that many gems would mean doom for me but you seemed to have survived the ordeal and come through in (literally) flying colours! Loved your narrative throughout and the painting is wonderful - bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That yellow is breathtaking, and those gemstones are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many gems!!!! But now you have a really cool eldar force, well done...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done sir, will be using some of those colour schemes for my own eldar

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice Eldar force - it's great to see them together on one photo. Those colours really pop, especially the yellow.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so pretty! and well photographed. Superb effort here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spectacular looking army. Very striking bold colours, sharp and crisp painting. With this number of gems it's a very precious force as well - must have required Jedi level patience training! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic looking army and well done on staying sane while painting all those gems!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog