Tuesday, August 10, 2021

PaulM's - OWACIV Chaos Wrap-Up (1215pts)

OWAC IV - Wrap up


Like Eisenhorn, I don't know how to smile

Hello youse.

I finished it...sort of. I must admit that though I enjoyed the community aspect, I found this year's challenge somewhat of a struggle. Mainly, I think, because I fell out of love with the army about half way through. Regardless, I'm rather pleased with my little force (army is too generous a term). Even If I do have my own personal Field of bones in the form of 5 knights, a Jabberwock and a Beastman Bray-Shaman that never saw paint, which has also meant that my duel purpose army (3rd and 6th) is only legal in one of those editions due to my laziness!

Still, not to be deterred I've started amassing a small selection of GW, Harlequin and Grenadier Wood Elves for next year, because apparently I'm a glutton for punishment. Though maybe I'll actually do all the cleaning up, basing, undercoating and such before the challenge starts; like a certain Canuck Overlord suggested previously. Might avoid a lot of frustration...

My final army list is as below (with pictures):



Kagan the Hollow (Chaos Champion)                125pts

The Hollow Lords (14 Chaos Marauders)            546pts


Frak'gor Brakentusk (Lvl 10 Beastman Hero)    110pts

The Wormsore (Beastmen)                                     190pts          


Korrag's Kompany (3 mercenary ogres)                114pts


The Retch Twins (2 trolls)                                        130pts

Grand Total:                                                         1215pts (or about 800ish in 6th)

Congrats to all my OWAC IV compadres, commiserations to those that found themselves amongst the bones. Onwards to next year! (maybe)

13 comments:

  1. Great project, love your palette and your painting style I hope to see more of it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may not be everything you had planned, but it all looks very nice *and* it's a legal Oldhammer army. Job done 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great force, and no one's force comes out quite as they planned! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work on these fine figures! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done in completing the challenge, you've done a stirling job of those figures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!
    I shared some of your frustrations this OWAC, but you've still got a great looking force to show for your effort!
    Obviously I like the unit of Beastmen (and very pleased to see them finally grace a tabletop with a good paint job on them), but the Marauder and Ogre unit are great too! They're nice models, and you really brought out a lot of character in them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant looking army! Clean and sharp painting. The contrast between the pale skin and dark armours looks ace. I may shamelessly steal those fleshtones when I do a chaos army. Also, great slection of models. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work! You shoudl try to finish the rest of the army, it would look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Chaos mate - really enjoyed your army taking shape especially with those lovely skin tones and that armour! Worry not about the fallen - their day will come. Just be sure to share the pics with us as I'd love to see more of this army!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As frustrating as it you you managed to finish with a great looking force. Learn from this OWAC and apply it to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!
    Pushing through and completing is the sign of a champion - well done!
    And not least because they all look amazing too :) 💪

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog