Monday, December 6, 2021

Jaeckel's Dwarfs: an Introduction

Well, I guess we're back for 6 months of shortened nights, where every day off counts to finish these damn miniatures, and promised, this is the last time I'm doing this! 

In the meantime, puff and slash dwarfs again 😜

For those who followed last year's edition, I had solved my "landsknecht painting issue" by adopting the colours and coats of arms of the Old Swiss Confederation to paint my mercenary dwarfs, leading to very basic color associations (red / black, yellow / black, blue / white) and let's say "reasonnably simple" banners.


So, for OWAC V, the plan is simple: complete the basic troops started in 2021, to reach the 20 mandatory crossbownmen and 40 mandatory warriors, and enrol two new regiments of thunderers.  Thanks to the two characters I wasn't able to finish last year, we shouldn't be far from the 1000 points:

  • 10 pikemen with fife player and standard-bearer: 132 points;
  • 10 crossbowmen with horn blower, standard-bearer and the renowned Wilhelm Tellson (Lvl 5 hero): 194 points;
  • 10 thunderers with drummer and standard-bearer: 156 points;
  • 10 thunderers with horn blower and standard-bearer: 156 points;
  • the Mercenary Captain (Lvl 20 hero) with lance and mithril armour: 197 points (poney for free!);
  • the Bishop of Grungni (Lvl 15 wizard): 203 points.
If time permits, I will paint a few extras, including wild dwarfs, new bodyguards for the paymaster, and a "mystery" cart for the bishop (preparation on-going). We'll see...
 
My prepared miniatures so far (I still have the bases to work on):
 

 


without forgetting the offering to the overlord! (never thought I would use Tentacle Pink on a dwarf miniature 😜)


 
See you next year for the first regiment!

10 comments:

  1. If your new work is as nice as last year the army will be stunning!! I split my Empire army into two OWAC years and couldn't be happier with the results. Your stunties are falling short though (see what I did there)as both my halves were 1500 points. Of course I'll NEVER do that again!!! Good luck mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dwarves, don't say this is the last though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome - really looking forward to this coming together, more power to your brush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is always so inspiring - looking forward to seeing the second half of this army come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic to see more of these puff and slash dwarves getting paint on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see all this come together in your unique style. Please don't say this is your last OWAC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always a pleasure to see your work but I'm particularly excited to see the Bishop and his cart, or full on Carrocio? ;) The Wild Dwarfs look like a lot of fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, a delightful for the veiw...

    Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing you build your Dwarf army! More great minis and great painting to look forward to! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great force, a lot of lovely Marauder dwarfs. I am sure your work will be as inspiring as it was in the previous years. Really looking forward see to what you do with them this year - particularly the thunderers, which I will also be painting this year. Go Team Dwarfs!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog