Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Filippo's Iron Warrior - Leader Month (231 pts)

January, also known as "The month I planned so long nothing could possibly go wrong"

Ahhahahahahah.. I never learn..

After five change of plans, January ended up being the the Leader month. 

Last year the main objective was to keep the painting style as closer to the original as possibile.

This time I decided to try and being more relaxed, since the original paint-job was not easy to "reverse engineer" while maitaining a '90s style

Here my Leader, ready to slap the shit out of Andrea's Eldars 

Chaos Lord ( 91)
Praise of Khorne (20)
Power Fist (10)
Conversion Field (10)
Bolt Pistol (2)




 

This models was a great test. It helped understand many important things about the Iron Warriors paint scheme:
1. I hate stripes
2. I hate stripes
3. I hate stripes
4. Thank the Gods for the Leadbelcher spray
5. I hate stripes
6. It's hard taking pictures of reflective surfaces
7. I HATE STRIPES

The worst part was the left leg. The idea of yellow and black stripes was initially quite good, but it became a nightmare in the end. 

Then the drama begun. What doing next? Only one model was not enough.

After starting and redoing almost half the army and another bunker (at least the next months are going to be easier), this is the result



Army Icon (55)
Terminator Armour (37)
Combi Bolter (6)
Chain Axe (-)

Total: 261 pts 

This concludes my first month.

I hate stripes...

16 comments:

  1. Can you just clarify something? I am unclear on your position re. stripes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On one hand I hate them, on the other hand I really hate them

      Delete
    2. So that a hate, hate relationship then.

      Delete
  2. I have also been painting a few stripes, and so I am sympathetic. These look very nice, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw nuts fimm made the joke i was gonna make

    ReplyDelete
  4. The striping looks immense - well worth the pain, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, you nailed it with those stripes. They look great!

    Also, "ready to slap the shit out of Andrea's Eldars" had me laughing hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's the reason I joined the OWAC competition

      The best revenge for me is beating him at 40k *evil laugh*

      So far the score is 1 - 1 (damned Eldars with their OP psychic powers...)

      Delete
    2. ah-ah, you'll never win over the very old (so old, in fact) power of Eldar. arh arh arh arh (not so much eldarish, but more effective evil laugh)

      Delete
  6. You mean the stripes that help you crossing the road or the ones that keep rockers and actors awake and pumped up? =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice job - very industrial and you can rest happy that the Health and Safety inspector approves of all the hazard stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, Bertuz! It will be a pleasure to smash him with my dread-big-hands-nought ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love these, a wonderful nostalgia hit to look at

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the plain metals on these guys. So different to the usual bright colours.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog