Sunday, January 2, 2022

Skål's Eldar Pirate Intro post

 Another year and another goal. OWAC has been a great way for me over the past few years to paint up playable force's for both Warhammer Fantasy and Rogue Trader/Warhammer 40k. Besides my Dwarf army from 2019 my main focus has been Elves. 

My Wood Elf army was a throw back to my first Warhammer army when I first started playing back in second edition. 




The Dwarf army has been a project I have wanted to do for years and the final result fit what I was imagining. 



Last year I painted the hell out of classic Eldar and threw in some 3rd edition Dark Eldar as Pirates and had a great time working on the various parts of that army.




This year I wanted to add more to my Eldar/Pirate force. So I will be diving into more Harlequins, Wraithguard, Warlocks, more Dark Eldar troops and transports, Eldar vehicles, some Scourges, Hellions, Wyches and as always I have something a little special planned for the final month. 

I learned during my first OWAC that the best plan for me in no plan when it comes to painting. I know I will hit the minimum requirements for each month so I tend to go with what I am in the mood to paint. So with that in mind here is a rough look at what I am thinking of painting.


 For my flying troops I wanted to do something a little different so my buddy Brian printed up some sick smoke contrails to give my Dark Eldar Pirates that Green Goblin feel and I can't wait to paint them up. This is a test fitting to see how the Hellion boards would look and I am pretty happy with the result.




Last but not least is my offering to the great Overlord. When I saw the suggestion of pink and blue I knew I had only one style of figure to paint up. I searched through my pile of metal Harlequins and chose that lass. A splash of primer, some proper mix's of bright colors and flurry of paint later my offering was done.



  So no list in my intro post. Sorry, not sorry. To all of the new participants, good luck and I hope to not see your shattered remains on the field of bones. 

To all of the returning Veterans I raise a toast:

“May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven
half an hour before the devil knows you're dead”


Skål 


7 comments:

  1. Love the smoke columns, that's a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those smoke columns are a great idea. Looking forward to this group being painted up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome - adding to those amazing eldar can only be a great thing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark Eldar are sorta rare, so this should be fun to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. More Eldar piratey goodness - Hurra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of incorporating the Dark Eldar into the force as pirates - looking forward to these being as impressive as last years!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog