Tuesday, May 31, 2022

May - Filippo's Iron Warriors - Rank&File Month (346 points)

Only one month left..
Only one month left..
Only one month left..
Only one month left..

Ops, wrong chant

Iron within, Iron without!
Iron within, Iron without!
Iron within, Iron without!
Iron within, Iron without!

May has passed and almost my will to paint anything else. 

As always, in this period we (me and my gaming club) participate in huge gaming events, and we usually bring some huge gaming tables. This year we had the brilliant idea to prepare a two level huge Necromunda table with working elevator and lights.

"It will take only three or four months!"

Spoiler alert, it took seven f*****g months.

After so many months painting metal and black and yellow stripes, I was finally able to concentrate on my Iron Warriors.. with the same painting scheme..

*screams of horror*


Luckily for me, this month features something different, and that helped me a bit.
Introducing from the depth of the Immaterium, answering the call of Kharn, six Bloodletters!

These are the first edition sculpts, and they are AWESOME! I love their arched backbone, it looks like a spring ready to jump at the enemy. But at the same time their appearence is almost funny and comical.



Blood for the blood God!



Remember kids, you must be this tall to heresy


But it's hard to reach the enemy line without some covering fire, so we have a first unit of Havocs with so much dakka that even Gork (or Mork) would cheer for them.


BUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDA

I forgot a Chaos Marine, I'll add it next month with the other two squads (luckily the minimun amount of models per squad is three, so it's still legal :D)

See you in June with the rest of the models and a surprise!

14 comments:

  1. Oooh, look at those old school heavy bolters!

    And i love those demons! I only have a couple (sadly unpainted) but they're great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me those 1st edition bloodletters and your paintjob totally does them justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st Edition bloodletters are my favourite and you have done them proud. The Havocs look suitably Brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Havocs are lovely and shiny! and the Bloodletters look very bloody indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely work on the all time best Bloodletters. A great addition to any 2nd Ed Iron Warriors army :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dem bloodletters! Half mantis, hald spider, half crab, all daemon!
    Your necromunda table must be a sight to behold, and I can totally see why you chose Iron Warriors after that - IRON WITHIN! 😂 That tiny spot of blue must've been a relief to paint :) They look excellent - great job, and the g r i n d is no joke, kudos sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks the gods for the gems, a small relief here and there =D

      Delete
  7. Can't believe you didn't paint stripes on those daemons ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Ok I may have missed an opportunity here..

      Delete
  8. Those bloodletters are 👌👌👌👌👌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 90% of the merit is of these awesome scultps. Almost unbelievable that GW changed them in the second version, luckily they get back to the old design with the plastic models

      Delete
  9. Classic Bloodletters for the WIN. I love these OG miniatures. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Iron Warriors are maybe my favorite CSM chapter, and these are so well done! And those bloodletters, I don't think I've ever seen these sculpts, there's something perfectly weird about them that really gives a sense of otherworldly menace.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog