Wednesday, June 29, 2022

AdamH’s Skaven - June Wildcard! – Big brutal bully bois (1100 Points)

Here we are once again, the final month and me trying to one-up my surprise drops from previous years.

Well my original plan was to do a large show piece model but I simply ran out of time, it is the only model that I didn’t get finished from my original planned list though so I don’t feel that bad about it. I did however manage to sneak in one surprise model not featured in my original list, and it is one of my all-time favourite Warhammer figures, the original Demon of the Horned rat; the Vermin Lord!



We all know the saying; blood for the blood god, skulls for the throne, cheese for the horned rat.

I 3D printed a little bit of scenery for his base just to give him a little bit of elevation so he can stand above the mere mortal vermin he commands. Painting wise there isn’t much special here, other than the lighter skin from the rest of the rats, mainly to stand out a bit. He has much more bling though in the form of some gold sparkly bits and warpstone bands, necklace and glaive.

Next up we have a chunky unit of Rat Ogres, following a similar scheme to the Vermin Lord these boys certainly stand out amongst all of the sea of brown of the army:


I also painted up Skweel but am using him just as a regular packmaster in this list, however the model is nice so I thought I would show him off separately:


Here we have everything together:

My submission for June is as follows:

UNIT

EXTRAS

#

TOTAL

CHARACTERS

Vermin Lord (600)


1

600

UNITS

Rat Ogres (40)


8

320

Packmaster (10)


8

80

TOTAL

1000


But Adam I hear you say, the Vermin Lord is cool and all but isn’t really a one-up on any of your previous submissions, is that it? Rude but I get what you are saying, unfortunately I didn’t get the time to paint anything else but I do have one other new Skaven related submission for your approval, please be aware that it is still a WiP though:


Clearly my tattoo artist is a much better "painter" than I am.

I wonder if our overlord will give me any points for that?

Overlord note : I kinda have to, hey? I shall it consider it terrain on flesh, definitely Wild Card. +100 pts.

12 comments:

  1. Damn son! That is a hell of a surprise drop!

    The vermin lord is great, and you have definitely 'elevated' the model with your choice of basing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is such a great model but a little small by today's standard I guess.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I LOVE the Vermin Lord, and beautiful sleeve! You going to get some color in that, or just black ink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I might get some green in select areas for a warpstone glow but my other arm is pretty colourful so I wanted this one to be a bit more subdued.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic work, and great tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Immense work!
    A while month of massive models, plus that tat. Your devotion to the Horned God cannot be questioned!
    Have you a new backdrop? Your pics look great! I love how bright and defined all your colour work is - brilliant 🔥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't actually a backdrop but rather a gaming mat. I have used or on a few other months but because of the size it is a bit of a pain to use so haven't used it much.

      But thanks for the kind words, I'm happy with how this month looks, they will certainly be a focal point for the army.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic job on the rat ogres and the verminlord. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ace work on those pests!
    I especially love the Verminlord - also looking forward to paint this model 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspiring stuff, well done on completing the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you just won Wild Card month :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great selection to finish on! Probably the best Vermin Lord I've seen, and that selection of Rat Ogres is great, AND that tattoo! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog