Thursday, August 4, 2022

1908 points of gribbly nastiness! - Mustafa’s wrap up post.

 


Pretty happy with how this challenge went despite not doing all the bits I’d planned.  After 6 months, I can’t complain about having close to 2000pts done :)


I did have one those big winged beasties planned, and a squad of hybrids on jet bikes too. Alas, time got the better of me and I had to make do with some easier bits.

The basic idea of this challenge was to get two armies painted up around a core of Genestealers.


Fat patriarch with his toady, magus, three squads of hybrids, and 30 Genestealers. All it needs is a couple of limousines ;)


Much more energetic and dynamic brood lord, 10 termagants, 3 tyranids, 2 biovores, 5 spores, and those same 30 Genestealers again :)

8mstill have a few bits to get done to fully round the army out, but as it stands I have enough to be playing with.

Time to get planning for next year’s challenge now. Perhaps some terminators to square off against them?

8 comments:

  1. The greys and blacks, with almost no colours really works well. Congrats on another OWAC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think the colors work really well! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Patriarch rules, I haven't seen many fully painted as part of a force, so cool. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant use of the limited colour palette, really cool results :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, they are dark and brooding aren't they

    ReplyDelete
  6. One things I always admire with your hobby projects Mus, as I know you are a very busy man, is the economy and efficiency of both the paint jobs, and the maximised options for gaming applications for the finished forces - and yet they are always spot on in terms of look and feel. Excellent hobbying, and a great OWAC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a distinct looking force, and one of my favourite painting styles from this year. I just love the grimdarkness of it all. Great job - especially on those carapaces 👊

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog