Wednesday, August 3, 2022

goblinpaladin's Wood Elves II - The Second Age Ends

 It's always nice to have someplace to come home to. At best, it's a place where you can rest and be refreshed by familiar surroundings and well-loved people. At worst, at least you remember why you wanted to go away on adventures in the first place.
   
- Ursula Vernon, Nurk: The Strange, Surprising Adventures of a (Somewhat) Brave Shrew

the firefox is from the Hours of Joanna I of Castille

OWAC every year is a joy. Stressful, but a joy. Having a clear plan and a consistent requirement to get things on the painting table and pigmented helps keep one disciplined (even I did still paint an entire Blood Bowl team in between). I've now finished a substantial majority of my hopeful wood elf army, with just some Melnibonean cavalry and some chariots to do. Just need to sell some superfluous organs first, with ebay prices...

For now:

left wing

right wing (no not that kind)

hunting dogs

wardancers

Duilliath Shadowleaf and kin



kinband

kinband



eagle-friend

trish treeman (trishman)

another trish-man
Okay, so in Warhammer Armies terms:

CHARACTERS
Duilliath Shadowleaf, Sylvan King (213 points)
Aoibheil Joy-in-the-Earth, Greenfey (303 points)
Laochailan h-eòin, Hero of Birds, Sylvan Chieftain (246 points) + dismounted model
Skaw the Falconer, Sylvan Chieftain (170[?] points) 
Fionn the Harpist, Sylvan Chieftain (168 points)

Eada the Noble (95 points)

RANK ⁊ FILE
5 Wardancers with two hand weapons (105 points)
5 Falconers (55 points)
Beastmaster + 3 warhounds (25 points)
Beastmaster + 4 bears (93 points) (3 bears count-as 4)
Beastmaster + 5 wild cats (118 points)
17-strong Warrior Kinband with shields, light armour, standard, musician (209 points)
Shapechanger (28 points) 
 
11 Guards with standard, musician (195 points)
18-strong Warrior Kinband with spears, shields, light armour, standard, musician (240 points)
Shapechanger with spear (29 points) 
 
Treeman (280 points)
Treeman (280 points)


..for a total of 2852 points. In my first OWAC, I made it to 1058 points, so the wood elves currently stand at 3910 points. That's pretty solid. Now all I need is an opponent. Maybe I'll paint up an opposing force - I do have a lot of metal chaos warriors, mutants, and other horrible things. Then again, I still have those squats from last year - ooh, and then there are those guys....

probably should have brushed my hair

I'll leave you with this photo of Thistle while I decide.

Until next time, star-travellers...

14 comments:

  1. Excellent army, love watching your progress. And Great Cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! & yes, she's the best cat in the entire world

      Delete
  2. Excellent work.The bright basing and bright colours of the force really ties it all together. Love the cat too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! Love the treemen especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dragged my feet on those but they're such wonderful sculpts that they were very easy in the end.

      Delete
  4. Some rare models in a wood elf army. nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff, I love these original elf models, and your schemes are clear and bright.

    Yay, Thistle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, these really are lovely. Trish-man made me chuckle, and the fluffy cat made me smile. Top marks all round :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can be a bit of a stickler for using the "correct" miniatures, but there's a real charm to your mixed bag approach. As noted by others, the treemen (and cat) are particularly good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, you've made a fantasic job of those, well done sir

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trishmen, and the eagle (as a kid I loved looking at the wood elf army with all the eagles) are my favourite from an excellent, if a little pointy eared...army - kudos sir, it looks marvellous! Dat cat tho 👌✨

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet army, I look forward to playing it one day.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog