Saturday, August 6, 2022

Skål's Dark Pirate Raiders


 Another OWAC in the books. Let us take a moment and toast all of those that took this challenge on and over came all of their personal obstacles. Each of us face challenges throughout the year and at times we forget that we need to spend a little me time as well.

This month I had a little bit of time and really wanted to get a little more painted up, so I knocked out 10 Banshees/Wych's to add a little more variety to my force.


This OWAC I had a goal to make a playable Dark Eldar army for 3rd edition but also make sure that I could fit my miniature selections into a Eldar Pirate army for 2nd edition. 

I also wanted to to add a few missing elements to my Eldar army. Wraithguard and Dire Avengers have been on my list to paint for a while now and being able to finally play them is awesome.




The Incubi and the Talos are going to be beasts on the table for the Dark Eldar and will be fun to field in a Eldar Pirate force. I am excited to drop the Talos on the table as a Dreadnought/Wraithlord.

I had this vision for how I wanted to do my Hellions. I really wanted a Green Goblin vibe to them. They needed to have that dirty smoke plume holding them up instead of the clear flight stand. My buddy Brian (you are the man) printed these off and I am super stoaked with the way that they came out.






Points wise I kept it basic. I matched up the Dark Eldar models with how I would use them in a 2nd edition Eldar Pirate army. The break down is below to include points as well as what I would use them as.

  • Archon/Farseer: 170
  • Warlock: 51
  • 10 Dire Avengers: 220
  • 10 Wraithguard: 350
  • 10 Incubi/Striking Scorpion's : 260
  • Talos/Dreadnought: 160
  • 5 Hellion's/Warp Spiders: 205
  • 10 Wyches/Howling Banshees: 270
  • Grand total: 1686




Till next OWAC I will leave you with a toast

“Here’s to a long life and a merry one. A quick death and an easy one. A pretty girl and an honest one. A cold beer and another one.”

Skål

6 comments:

  1. Excellent work! Someday I will do pirates, I think that is the only Eldar force I DON'T have, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Wyches are delightful, love the work on the faces. This army really turned out great, many of my personal favorite models in there - I raise my cup to them and to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever to get two armies for the price of one - and I love the glow in the dark effect, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work - congrats once again on completing another lovely force! I think my favourite is that yellow exarch(?) - so striking, altonge with that massive unit of wraithguard. Stirling work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fab! You've really executed your aesthetic well. Congratulations on a great OWAC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb work. They look great together, love especially the work on skinand armour. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog