Monday, January 30, 2023

Ben's Epic Orks - Rank and File Month 1

I've focused this month on the rank and file - 15 Boyz units from the Snakebite Clan.  I managed to pick up a few wildboyz models, which I've spread across another four bases of Boyz with some Wierdboyz, and I'll count as a Wildmob. For a bit of variety, I also painted the Gretchin and a Runtherd, mounted on a boar to make him stand out a little.

I try to paint my clans different colours, so (avoiding black, red, blue or yellow) I have gone with brown with white accents, inspired by pictures like this:


Because terrain is always useful,
 and to hopefully make for a better picture - at 6mm scale, brown, grey and beige Boyz on brown bases don't stand out massively - I put together a couple of buildings aiming for the style of the 2nd edition 40k Ork village I remember so fondly.  


They are mostly made from plasticard, with some of the the smashed up rectangular bases the Boyz were liberated from used as rubble in the ruined piece.  Here they all are!  


This comes to 400 points or so in NetEpic - I'll be able to give a proper points value month, once the Nobz and Boarboyz part of the Snakebite Clan is completed.

13 comments:

  1. Looking good, especially with the added buildings which bring a lot of atmosphere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, that all looks lovely. don't often see white on an ock - I think is a good scheme. The buildings are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I did those buildings for 25mm, used foamcore, it's easier and sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! Nailed it by adding the terrain

    ReplyDelete
  5. So classic and well done <3
    The building are top level!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Flashbacks to that glorious 2nd ed box. Awesome project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately, I've left my glasses at work, but if I could see them I'd still be saying they're too small

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work. These really come to life with the addition of the scenery. I can hear their tiny Waaaaarrrrghhhs! :D

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog