Thursday, January 5, 2023

Introduction - BenF's Epic Orks

I've enjoyed following the entries to the previous OWAC.  Now there's the chance to join in and help clear up my backlog of Epic miniatures I'm excited to give it a go!  

My plan is to add a Snakebites clan and a Kult of Speed to my Orks, using the NetEpic army book as my guide.  This pretty closely follows 2nd Edition Epic Space Marine - the first boxed game I ever bought, now sadly lost to the mists of time and house moves - but I try to make it so the forces will also be useable in Epic Armageddon.  

I've accumulated  figures from a mixture of editions, plus some newer figures from Vanguard miniatures, which all need (re)painting and mounting on 25mm round bases to match my other boyz.


The 1750 point list I'm building comprises:

[Company] Kult of Speed (5 Nobz Warbikes, 2 x 5 Warbuggies) 400 pts

[Special] Warboss (Warboss, 5 Nobz, 2 battlewagons) 250 pts

[Support] Evil Sunz Spleenrippa Squadron (3 Spleenrippas) 125 pts

[Support] Traktor Kannons (5 Traktor Kannons) 75 pts


[Company] Snakebite Clan (4 Nobs, 5 Boarboys, 15 Boyz) 600 pts

[Special] Runtherd 75 pts

[Support] Gretchin Mob (4 Gretchin) Free

[Support] Mega-Squiggoth 250 pts

This gives me plenty of troops for the rank and file months and a Warboss and Squiggoth for the leaders and monsters month.  For the wildcard I'd like to add some terrain plus any other support I can fit in.

For the horror-themed participation fee, I'd like to submit the fierce and fearsome Epic Chaos Minotaur!


Cheers,

Ben

6 comments:

  1. Oh, the noes! an epic space ork army just when I collected a RT space marine force means even more tempting to get several RT space orks to match them. I love the vehicles.
    Evil sunz spleen rippas means 6mm flames on the bodywork. But I'm not increasing the pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved how the Orks particular brand of crazy is portrayed in Epic so I'm definitely looking to this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog