Monday, February 27, 2023

Ben's Epic Orks - Rank and File Month 2

The Snakebite Clan is completed this month with the addition of the Boarboyz (original plastics, with a couple of small conversions) and Nobz (from Vanguard).



I decided the Squiggoth I had wasn't great as a Mega-Squiggoth, so I bought some more from Ebay to complete a couple of Squiggoth Mobs in support.


And finally, so the Boyz can keep up with the Boarboyz, I've also painted up some transports (some metal Trukks, some a combination of the older and newer plastic battlewagons).


I made another terrain piece for the background.  This was inspired by an old White Dwarf picture of an Ork Village built on a ruined Warlord Titan, and was a lot of fun to make.
 

I've stuck with a beige/white/metal colour scheme, with pinkish-brown squigs/boars, to try and keep the clan coherent and different to my other clans.  Next month, I plan to introduce some bright red, by painting Nobz Bikes and Buggies for a Kult of Speed.  But for now, this month's total of 14 stands and 16 vehicles painted means I've now got a total of 1,350 points of Orks to add to my army - if you ignore the 5 support cards per company limit...  

COMPANY 

  • Snakebite Clan (4 Nobz, 5 Boarboyz, 15 Boyz) 600 pts 

SPECIAL 

  • Runtherd (1 stand) 75 points

SUPPORT 

  • Gretchin Mob (4 Gretchin) free
  • Boarboyz Mob (5 Boarboyz) 100 points
  • Wildmob (4 Wildboyz) 75 points
  • 2 x Squiggoth Mobs (6 Squiggoths) 300 points
  • 2 x Trukk Squadrons (10 Trukks) 200 points

5 comments:

  1. Perfect orc vibes - and the terrain is 100% vintage W.D. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Looking great, and those orks seem to be gathering at a fantastic rate 💪

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! That's a lot of minis, and they look great! Love the terrain too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snakebites are one of my favourite clans and who doesn't love a herd of Squiggoths!? The terrain is spot on too :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog