Thursday, February 2, 2023

Pink dresses, zebra fur, crab like claws and mutilations: Slaaneshchild's January post - Rank and File (I) 511 pts




Cultists. I've always loved chaos cultists. To me they are "the great forgotten" from Warhammer. I don't like barbarians, especially for Slaanesh, but I love cultists. So I will play cultists as maraudeurs. 

I tried to paint some miniatures... To be 100% honest, it has been a pain in the ass. January is a very strange month. Everything is moving fast but I was like "nooooo I don't want to move, let me sleep again".

I started with what would be the most boring to me, foot infantry. Cultists. I will play them as marauders with 2 hand weapons.

The command group is from Heresy Miniatures. Most of the other cultists are conversion of my own based on old Dark Eldars Homonculi. Those miniatures are very ugly but I like their "Hellraiser style", and they are all in metal, which means a lot to me.  There are also some old GW cultists from W40K that I converted to WHFB in the name of the Dark Prince !





The "leader" with the long spear is an actual model from Shadespire (unfortunately in plastic), the big guy and the lady on the left of the picture are from Stephane Simon, an independant miniatures designer that I love.

21 Chaos Cultists with 2 hand weapons, musician and standard bearer :                                        299 pts

I also found the time to work on my centaurs...



Once again, I've never liked the concept of "chaos marauders" and how they where introduced from 4th ed to 5thed. But tacticly speaking, they are quite interesting so I decided to build a unit of mounted marauders with chaos centaurs miniatures.

I wanted some diversity, the concept of chaos centaurs in itself is quite funny : angry creatures too ungainly to do something with their hands except destruction. As Slaaneshi Chaos Centaurs, I can imagine them very frustrated :D 
And of course, there is a zebra one ;)

So here they are ! The 6 riders of frustration ! Behold !










6 Chaos Marauders with 2 hand weapons and their champion :                                        212 pts

Next month, I think I will paint my daemonettes and their master, a Daemon Prince of Slaanesh !

Before that, enjoy the ride and destroy everything for the Dark Prince !








15 comments:

  1. Wildly inventive and appropriate- Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic, what's not to like. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking group of miniatures. The Pink really makes them pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah thank you it is now one of my favorite color !

      Delete
  4. Can't beat a pink tailed zebra centaur. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed no one can !! The pink tailed zebra is coming for you !

      Delete
  5. Love your theme, naturally. Are you using 4th ed as your army list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I am playing mostly 5th ed. But sometimes I use the 4th ed army book to play 5th ed. It depends. In 5th ed, they are chaos marauders et mounted marauders. In 4th ed, thugs and centaurs.

      Delete
  6. Brilliantly creative and super striking - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the careful curation and conversion of the minis to form a coherent but really unique unit. The idea for the centaurs being used as mounted Marauders is a great idea too :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog