Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Filippo's Krieg and Renegades Army - Rank and File III

 

April was skipped, but actually there was a lot of painting done but nothing fully completed. 

This means that there is quite a lot in May to be seen, and I'm pretty proud of the result.

First, I forgot in March to take a picturee of the Krieg's Engineers. The Hades Breeching Drill was already painted

Death from below!

For the Traitors forces, I completed the rest of the Khorne's 1000 points. Three Dreadnoughts (I forgot to paint one for the first squad), One Dreadclaw and eight Berzerk units.

Tiny skulls for the small throne of Khrone!

Renegades! Two units of 12 stands plus the commander.. Wait, something is missing..

I kinda had a breakdown when working on the second unit. At this point I painted about 140 infantry strips, without considering the artillery and the rest. I could not even look at them.

I painted six stands, so I could use them as an upgrade for the main unit and then started looking for something else to add

I can still feel the pain..


The project sure was lacking some old GW models. While digging in the pile of shame, a nice unit of ten Leman Russes was suddenly popped out. Score!

Vrooom Vrooom!

Uhhh! Hydras! Two, could be used as upgrade for the other Core Formation (a third will appear later)

Flyers won't stand a chance
    

But the hardest part was definitely the board. This 180cmx60cm and almost all the models will be used for a special demo table during ModenaPlay in just a couple of days! 



In June I'll complete the rest of the infantry stands (argh!) and add some other units, I've almost complete the initial project

6 comments:

  1. Looking amazing - don't lose heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyesight will be lost before the heart :D

      Delete
  2. No way! That's an incredible output. The board alone is worth at least two months 💪👊 Great work - good luck with the remaining infantry and the games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quality of painting and productivity keeps amazing me. Good luck in the final month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive output! You are going to have quite the force at the end of the challenge. I hope the demo game went well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did, lot of people tried, both new players and old ones willing to start again

      Delete

Search This Blog