Monday, May 29, 2023

Tom's Sisters of Battle: Month Six - Wildcard (196 points)


A biker screams forth under the rousing sounds of Sister Leeta's guitar...



Straight into THE LAST MONTH - trumpets sound, warhorns blare - no messin'!

A second biker has joined the fray 👇 
I'm super pleased that I managed to paint at least one more bike (for a grand total of....two), and even more pleased that it matches the first one 🙃  












Actually, before we get into things proper - an apology. It seems that Sister Morphine from last week WAS A DUPLICATE PIC from a previous month, and this is the real Sister Morphine! Dang...





And a surprise! A jet bike!
In true oldhammer fashion, I painted everything before doing a dry fit. Then discovered it didn't fit. Then I carved out a bit of the riders arse, and she is now wedged on the jet... Ah, well. Thank goodness for Imagination to fill in the gaps 🙃
👇


Uriah Jacobs comes in from the Wastes! This guy was always planned for the Sisters, but he is prohibitively expensive to acquire. I did bite the bullet on the eBay though, as I also needed a named character for another challenge I was painting alongside the OWAC (more on this later).
He'll count as a Preacher for points 👇







 He's inspired some more of the flagellant Militia to join the host. 👇



These guys were such a chore, but I am very pleased that they're all finally done!






The faces on all of them are very good, I kinda wish I'd spent a bit longer on them... This guy 👇 is straight up PREACHIN'!




And I think the purple in the face is nice 👇 - if I did these again it's what I would do for all of them :)





Look at this boy, screaming his defiance in the face of heresy - giving it The Beans!





This guy 👇has red to denote some kind of leader, although in reality he was one of the first painted, and then I changed my mind on the colouring! 





And now, the true armed militia come from the shadows to the fore, flamers and all!


Sisters of Battle Militia (Necromunda Redemptionists).

These have been painted alongside the OWAC as part of The Colours of the Underhive challenge, along with Uriah. Initially they were planned to paint instead of the WF flagellants, but I sucked it upt and tried to paint both...They should mix in well together as they both have the same scheme, although the flagellants do not have flames edging their cloths (due to their poor clerical status).

 A timestamp





First up the Zealot Priest. 
I really struggled with the motivation for painting this guy, but the great and powerful Chilvers Industries (link) ran the instagram OldenDemon painting Thing, and I submitted to the call! Initially painted (as per OldenDemon requirements) on a lovely green base, but presented here back on his battlefield black.






Another leader. Although this one is not quite so zealous, so no red robe for him only a red tabbardy thing :) 👇







A zealous leader (this time I did paint the flames!) 👇







One mighty Eviscerator wielding Zealot. A proper icon of the Underhive!







Another Zealot, this time with a massive axe 👇







One grenade toting Deacon 👇This one was one of the first Redemptionists that I painted, and as such he is sporting a fancy gold mask, and the collar of his hood is a bright red. I toned down the red on the preceding models, and painted their masks purple. This one remains the anomaly - for motivations yo! 







This Deacon will burn you to a crisp 👇







Two auto pistols are better than one for this ganger! 👇







Although this guy prefers the stopping power of dumdum bullets in his stubgun....👇







The king of weapons - shotgun with executioner (the burny bit) cartridge fitted 👇







A plain ol' shotgun is sufficient for this guy 👇He's also an early paintjob, as he has flames on his hood, and fancy red checkers...







Behold, the weapon of righteousness! (Although that knife looks a little suss to me....) 👇







Another autogun with executioner cartridge 👇







Shortrange spray, for the tight confines of Hive War. (Of course, everyone's the enemy) 👇







This guy 😱! Behold the terrible secret, and the monstrous truth of the militia. Lets hope the Sisters quickly discover that things are not quite as...pure...as they seem before it's too late!👇








And here they are displayed in all their Militia glory 👇





The sight of the curved ritualistic dagger on the Redemptionist ganger planted the seed of Chaos in my mind, and I was up for having an antagonist based the same way as the Sisters to look good in picts an' that. I ordered a few Chaosy things, but due to a delay in postage I went the way of the Four Armed Emperor instead. I already had a few bits floating around and I felt that the Cult did fit the secretive ways of the Brotherhood rather well. 
To expand on this I also painted up a few more xenos - pictured here for completeness, and there's a few more in the pipeline :) 

This ymgarl genestealer (a fan sculpt), who I imagined to be invisible when motionless...👇









Some old 'Skitters' produced by Hasslefree Miniatures, but long OOP 👇










Many thanks to Jason Lye of ye_alchemist for supplying these great minis!


And then, there was a Thing for tyranid squigs, and I do love squigs. So I painted a few, with matching Sisters bases to mix in the background somewhere... 👇














Terrain

Well, I realise that the previous months posts contain picts with terrain. All made and painted within the OWAC timeframe with the goal of creating these 'diorama' type pictures. 
I am really incredibly happy with how they've come out. Fingers crossed a few more terrain pieces will be painted up and an ACTUAL GAME (necromunda) played in a couple of months, once my friend has painted up his Arbites! 
All these pieces are current Games Workshop terrain, and I think there are a few Terrain Crate barrels and boxes in amongst them. 

The blue of the tiles was picked to contrast with the red of the Sisters, and also a nod to the old cardboard necromunda senery. Dirty Down rust for the metals, drybrushed with a metallic. Then the blue, painted on with a stippling action. Then some weathering with all the browns, oranges, greens and purples I can muster. And then an oil wash over the top which is lightly scrubbed away to darken and dirty everything.





This board here 👇was my first go, and is a lot more detailed than the others. I  did also stick it down on a piece of MDF, but the whole thing has now warped a bit. In the photos, it's this board I prop up to act as a kinda backdrop. 



I'd like to add another three boards, and maybe colour the outside edge facing squares like you see here, but the centre squares a dull red to give clearly defined 'zones'.

Here's a set piece. I think future me will build another set of these, but I won't glue the top platform bit down this time! 👇



Big square pillars👇 That one on the right has a platform glued down on top of it. 




Walls 👇You can see the red I'll be aiming for on future floor tiles there... I glued the pipe onto the wall. A mistake...



Containers! 👇 I feel I need A LOT more of these!



Bitz 👇Same goes for these. More is definitely better :)




Classic spikey cactus.

 Finally, a hobby goal completed! There are a thousand tutorials on the internets about these. Needless to say I did mine pretty much the same.... 
I glued polystyrene balls (picked up from UK shop The Range) together with wood glue.
Cut out suitable bases from foamboard and trimmed the edges to a slant.
Glued the balls to the base with wood glue 
Painted the bases with my bases mix - black paint and Vallejo Rough White Pumice
Painted the glued balls with a thick mixture of wood glue and green paint, and then sprinkled flock upon them.
Painted some cocktail sticks red, then cut them in half and sharpened the end to push them through the balls
Highlighted the base via a quick drybrush, and highlight the spikes with orange.
Done!




Some fluff picts using all these Things...



uh oh! The Sisters have been backed into a corner...☝️




Sisters about to open a can!☝️



And finally - the last model for the Army (at least for now anyway!), this Imperial Missionary. Although he'll probably count as a preacher for this army.
The little guy has been an utter mental pain, and I'm very pleased he's finally done! The only model with blood just to denote how much of a grind he was 😂 
👇


Aaanyhow, that's me pretty much done for this month, and finished for the Challenge. 
There's still some stuff I'd love to add, but this last month has, as I might have mentioned before, been a proper grind... I'm really pleased though that after all the paint, there's only three originally planned models that are not completed (the Exorcist tank, a Sanctioned Psyker, and Confessor Kyrinov). My best OWAC planning effort yet!

Congrats to all the Challengers - I can't wait to see all your wonderful work cumulated in a glorious Army Shot in July!
And once again, Big Thanks to Overlord Iannick, and Moderator Byron without whom none of my armies would have come to pass 👊💖.

And I leave you with this months breakdown and the usual links back. See you soon for ARMY PICS.

Cheers!
 
Intro: Army List - link
Month one: Leaders - link - 227point
Month two: Troopers - link - 280 points
Month three: Troopers - link - 290 points
Month four: Troopers - link - 224 points
Month five: Troopers - link - 281 points

Month six: Wildcard
48...Sister on attack bike (points are for a regular Sister with Heavy Flamer) 
48...Sister on jetbike (points are for a regular Sister with Heavy Flamer) 
60...Redemptionist militia
20...Flagellant militia  
10...Preacher (Uriah) 
10...Preacher (Missionary)
FREE...Genestealer xenos
FREE...Terrain

TOTAL: 196


2 comments:

  1. That's an amazing post! So much to look at. The genestealer cult is a fun idea and those models are really cracking - especially the half invisible one

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog